"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
If a waiter/waitress do the same amount of work at a IHOP or at an expensive restaurant, then why does one get more money than the other?
And let's not pretend that service is always great just because the food is expensive.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
18% is standard not 25%:comeon:
15% is generally considered an acceptable tip. 25% is only for exemplary service, like that news article where a lady helped a disabled person cut his steak up not some regular service. People gonna get us up to the point where we pay more for the tip than the food. She ain't TLC's manager. She don't need to be getting paid more than the house for a meal.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I hope guys in here that tip low aren’t frequenting places, gonna wind up with extra condiments on your food :usure:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How much the tab was has little to do with how much service she provided. If the food is expensive then she may have done absolutely nothing to warrant a tip. Just because someone pays more money for the plate doesn’t mean you should just get more money just because. This is coming from a 20% tipper who also eats at expensive restaurants far too much.

The customer actually took time to write that note so obviously that wasn't it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The customer actually took time to write that note so obviously that wasn't it.
In spite of the kind words she still took the time to try and publicly humiliate this customer, so she obviously isn't as deserving as she thinks she is.
I can understand doing that to someone who was disrespectful, but this feels kinda shady. Does that mean she would be perfectly fine being treated like shyt by a customer as long as they leave a big tip? I got too much pride to be like her. Considering tipping is optional anyways, i would let them slide for 8% seeing as they were nice to you. Some people are out here writing notes to call their waitress the n word and leaving no tip.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In spite of the kind words she still took the time to try and publicly humiliate this customer, so she obviously isn't as deserving as she thinks she is.
I can understand doing that to someone who was disrespectful, but this feels kinda shady. Does that mean she would be perfectly fine being treated like shyt by a customer as long as they leave a big tip? I got too much pride to be like her. Considering tipping is optional anyways, i would let them slide for 8% seeing as they were nice to you. Some people are out here writing notes to call their waitress the n word and leaving no tip.
Y'all do know that most of those people make 2.99 an hr :francis:. I'm not even defending homegirl but these are really desperate times:mjcry:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Y'all do know that most of those people make 2.99 an hr :francis:. I'm not even defending homegirl but these are really desperate times:mjcry:
You can't expect to cover you expected wages with every person. Some people will tip more, some will tip less. I've never gotten any public praise for leaving a huge tip, so i shouldn't expect public shaming for a smaller one. :dame: :dame::dame::dame:

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
This is irrelevant since the employer is required by law to pay the difference if the waiter/waitress's wages fall under what they would have made at minimum wage.