"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Again, what bussers and hostesses do is not related to check amount. Bartenders, sure. But they probably do the least amount of work per customer and if they are getting a portion of every tip where they make a drink for someone, they should be more than fine anyway.

Bussers definitely get tips. It's usually a percentage of your sales, the same goes for food runners and barbacks.

At its core, tipping based on check amount is stupid and makes people feel like they deserve more money just because someone ordered the lobster or the sea bass when they didn’t do anything extra.

If tipping were done away with an equivalent service charge based on food cost would be implemented instead. Think autograt.

Superstar
Daps
Fast food meaning McDonald's, Wendy's, etc? They do get minimum wage.
i said at minimum a living wage
not minimum wage.

A waitress has to interact with a customer multiple times and also make sure they have a good time during their stay

McDonalds workers take an order, usually with a number "number 9" they press a key on the key pad to create the order and a few minutes later they hand you a bag. Theirs almost no interaction or customer service at all.
if it was argued we should tip because the service is great, then there wouldn't be this pressure to tip or tip entitlement from waiters.

it's argued that we should tip because these waiters get paid low wages that make it hard to survive. fast food workers are in the same boat, yet many people are against them getting a pay raise.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Man, she’ll be alright.

Dude under tipped her, but if her service is as good as she wants folks to believe, then she likely had someone over tip her. It all evens itself out throughout an 8-10 hr shift.

Me, personally, I usually tip in that 15-20% range, but it ain’t going to be that all the time. There was a scenario in here where someone said they’d give a $250 tip for a $1000 bill. You won’t get that from me. You will probably get $50 and that’s it. I’m pretty conservative with my money, so I’m probably already upset that I’ve somehow spent all that money in the first place. I’m not adding another $250 to that tab.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
you turned an entitled cac bytch whining about people not paying her tuition into some "black kids dont know how to tip and its bad" rant :mjlol:

yall keep saying whats "acceptable" as if theres anything you can do about it but whine

Don't get mad at me cuz you're too broke to tip, jim.
Just keep eating out the bodega and your problem is solved.
Actually, you can be mad at me.
I don't give a fukk about how you feel.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tipping is bullshiit and will always be bullshiit.

The whole percentage aspect of it just proves it. So because the bill is bigger, you deserve a higher tip?

Basically:
Waiter A busts his ass and provides great amazing service for a table w/a lot of requests, but his table's bill is $100 so he would be tipped $15
Waiter B only has to bring out an expensive bottle of wine and their table's bill is $300 so they should be tipped $45?

If your only skill set in life is taking orders and carrying food trays, then you need to accept what you get :yeshrug:
Learn some skills and get a better job. And if you are on some, "Well I will spit in your food" nonsense, then you are further proving everybody's point that you deserve to die an old waitress begging for tips for the rest of your life.

This is kinda how I see it. I'll tip 15% or 20% regardless, and leave bigger tips if I see the person is super busy busting their ass to get shyt done for me and even other tables.

But if you expect the tip because you're simply carrying trays and get offended at the amount, that's terrible and I'll probably never come back. Won't even get into it with the server. Not trying to get that secret sauce or spit in my food:beli:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Sad the amount of daps this got. That is a shytty tip. If people still can’t figure out how shyt works then get takeout or eat at home.
And even when you come to pickup your takeout guess what? There’s some form of tip jar at the counter or they still print it on your receipt. Subsidizing

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:mjlol: at y'all thinking that the tip was acceptable :mjlol:
How much the tab was has little to do with how much service she provided. If the food is expensive then she may have done absolutely nothing to warrant a tip. Just because someone pays more money for the plate doesn’t mean you should just get more money just because. This is coming from a 20% tipper who also eats at expensive restaurants far too much.