"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I didn’t say bussers didn’t get tips. I said what they do has not relation to the cost of the meal. A filet and a burger both go on one plate.

If the autocrat was not based on the cost of the meal, I would be fine with that. My problem isn’t tips, it’s how they are arbitrarily based on the cost of the meal. We’re gonna have to pay for it anyway, but make it make sense.
What's arbitrary about a 15% standard tip or a 20% tip for good service.

I guess, how is tipping anymore arbitrary than the cost of eating out, for example a 14 dollar grilled Caesar salad.

If you're going to blow money on food complete the task and tip accordingly.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Your meal costing more doesn’t mean any extra effort or attention was paid to you. It could, but it’s not always the case. The only person who is USUALLY affected by you buying more expensive food is the chef, who usually gets paid a fair wage and doesn’t rely on tips.

That’s why tips should be based on something that actually has to do with how much work you do, because spending money doesn’t always mean more work for the waiter. If you have a table of 8 and your bill is high, that’s one thing. If people are ordering 4 things off the menu or have you running back and forth to get drinks, that’s one thing. But if I go to a restaurant and get the Sea Bass and my wife gets the Prime Rib and we both get two drinks, how is the waiter doing anything more than if we’d both ordered burgers that cost less than half that price.

And if the Coli thought like me, this wouldn’t be a thread because I said I usually tip AT LEAST 15% multiple times in this thread, because I understand how restaurants screw over their service employees. I can both not agree with the system AND still tip people. And that’s exactly what I do.
The "chef" is not affected unless it's his own restaurant and he has to pay for that out of pocket, I quotated chef because that's usually what that title means, in casual dining there are no chefs lol. The bolded is what usually is happening. I'm getting out the industry soon but in 3 different jobs I have yet to be somewhere that offers Prime Rib and Sea Bass vs burgers, that's a menu clash. In smaller tables what makes a bill high is 2nd and 3rd rounds of drinks, an appetizer and/or desert, so that falls under running back and forth.
You’re ignoring the point to dispute details that are irrelevant. I could just replace a burger with some sort of chicken breast. My overall point still stands. Based on what you’re saying... if the bill is just high because whatever they ordered was very expensive and it because of multiple rounds of drinks and multiple courses, do you still think you should pay the full 15-20%

Logically, if I order a $50 lobster and a $100 bottle of wine, should I tip the same as if I ordered an appetizer calamari, grilled chicken breast, dessert and two cocktails that also totals $150?

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
What's arbitrary about a 15% standard tip or a 20% tip for good service.

I guess, how is tipping anymore arbitrary than the cost of eating out, for example a 14 dollar grilled Caesar salad.

If you're going to blow money on food complete the task and tip accordingly.
It’s arbitrary because the tip amount has very little to do with the service provided by the waiter/waitress. Forget whether or not we should be tipping for a moment. Are we really acting like we don’t see that tipping a random percentage based on something that is not directly related to the level of service is arbitrary? Not to mention, the suggested tip amount has been steadily increasing with no explanation.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
You’re ignoring the point to dispute details that are irrelevant. I could just replace a burger with some sort of chicken breast. My overall point still stands. Based on what you’re saying... if the bill is just high because whatever they ordered was very expensive and it because of multiple rounds of drinks and multiple courses, do you still think you should pay the full 15-20%

Logically, if I order a $50 lobster and a $100 bottle of wine, should I tip the same as if I ordered an appetizer calamari, grilled chicken breast, dessert and two cocktails that also totals $150?
Yes. If you're dining in restaurants with $50 lobsters and $100 wines what is the point of tipping $10 to prove a point? I understand what you're saying, but if a diner has issues will tips being high based on bills being high they shouldn't be eating where the plates and drinks are expensive.

We can talk about the culture not making sense but until paying customers speak with a withdrawal of dollars the industry won't listen let alone change.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Yes. If you're dining in restaurants with $50 lobsters and $100 wines what is the point of tipping $10 to prove a point? I understand what you're saying, but if a diner has issues will tips being high based on bills being high they shouldn't be eating where the plates and drinks are expensive.

We can talk about the culture not making sense but until paying customers speak with a withdrawal of dollars the industry won't listen let alone change.
That’s all I’m talking about... the culture not making sense and the structure of tips not making sense. I’m gonna continue to tip because I know so many people rely on tips, but I’m not gonna act like there isn’t something wrong with it.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Ok...

People basically complaining about a social norm.

Tipping a certain percentage of the total bill is a social norm.

When I get in to an elevator with another stranger, I take my ass to the opposite side of the elevator.

When I go into a bathroom and use a urinal, I dont use the one right next to a nikka, if theres other ones... I'll leave space.

I don't have to do shyt... I can rebel and say fukk society... ima be all up on a muthafuka in an elevator... ima go ahead and piss right next to a nikka.

You take ur ass to a nice restaurant and the bill is 200 bux for a couple plates of food and drinks.
You tip 15 to 25% Of that bill.... just because ur the same muthafuka that's not going to piss shoulder to shoulder with another man in a bathroom...

On a personal note, everytime I'm out with my young guys or lil nephews. I make an example to show then how to tip.
The point being is that ur relying on people to treat u nice, and not spit snot from the back of their throat into your chicken alfredo.

You want people/establishments to remember you when u visit a place again, they treat u better... give you better seats, extra perks...etc.

You send friends to a restaurant, they mention ur name...now ur perks extend to them.

I'm just saying.... but do how u feel...

Muthafukaz in here trying to be the Che Guevara's of dining out and shyt smh lol

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
For all y'all who keep saying "get a different job", when you walk in a restaurant and there's no one to serve you, then what?
I’ll walk to the window where the cook will place it. And I’ll tip them handsomely.
Plus most of these restaurants are in such a hurry to get you out that you barely have time to digest the shyt while dining out. Pay your employees a decent wage

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I’ll walk to the window where the cook will place it. And I’ll tip them handsomely.
Plus most of these restaurants are in such a hurry to get you out that you barely have time to digest the shyt while dining out. Pay your employees a decent wage
Lol no you won't. Not even allowed, try again.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People don’t even like to be told to wear masks and y’all surprised people are questioning tips?!?:pachaha:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I normally tip 20-25%, but it's such a bullshyt system that they don't just pay a regular wage...