"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Your meal costing more doesn’t mean any extra effort or attention was paid to you. It could, but it’s not always the case. The only person who is USUALLY affected by you buying more expensive food is the chef, who usually gets paid a fair wage and doesn’t rely on tips.

That’s why tips should be based on something that actually has to do with how much work you do, because spending money doesn’t always mean more work for the waiter. If you have a table of 8 and your bill is high, that’s one thing. If people are ordering 4 things off the menu or have you running back and forth to get drinks, that’s one thing. But if I go to a restaurant and get the Sea Bass and my wife gets the Prime Rib and we both get two drinks, how is the waiter doing anything more than if we’d both ordered burgers that cost less than half that price.

And if the Coli thought like me, this wouldn’t be a thread because I said I usually tip AT LEAST 15% multiple times in this thread, because I understand how restaurants screw over their service employees. I can both not agree with the system AND still tip people. And that’s exactly what I do.
The "chef" is not affected unless it's his own restaurant and he has to pay for that out of pocket, I quotated chef because that's usually what that title means, in casual dining there are no chefs lol. The bolded is what usually is happening. I'm getting out the industry soon but in 3 different jobs I have yet to be somewhere that offers Prime Rib and Sea Bass vs burgers, that's a menu clash. In smaller tables what makes a bill high is 2nd and 3rd rounds of drinks, an appetizer and/or desert, so that falls under running back and forth.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
what does the amount have to do with the service, she's provided the same service no matter how much they spend, this type of logic is retarded

So ur sitting here telling me ur tipping the same amount if ur at some applebees for an hour, running up a bill of 60 bux...
And also at a higher quality place having a bill of 200 bux?

Off the rip bruh, theres usually a socially excepted tipping range of about 15-25% of ur bill.

So if u an issue with what I said about the amount of the tip compared to the bill... be mad at society.

Also, the waitress must have done an exceptional job if the guest chose to write a positive note on the check.
So apparently she should have atleast got the preferred tip range.

But hey, yall go ahead and tip bytches 10 dollars on a $200 tab.

To each its own

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So ur sitting here telling me ur tipping the same amount if ur at some applebees for an hour, running up a bill of 60 bux...
And also at a higher quality place having a bill of 200 bux?

Off the rip bruh, theres usually a socially excepted tipping range of about 15-25% of ur bill.

So if u an issue with what I said about the amount of the tip compared to the bill... be mad at society.

Also, the waitress must have done an exceptional job if the guest chose to write a positive note on the check.
So apparently she should have atleast got the preferred tip range.

But hey, yall go ahead and tip bytches 10 dollars on a $200 tab.

To each its own

There is no social expecting tipping range, you tip based on how you feel about the quality of service

you being at apple bees for an hour isn't getting you more service from that person she's waiting on other customers, you can be that for an hour after drinking one beer at the bar talking

get out of here with this nonsense

these servers are becoming glorified beggers

mag357

Superstar
Daps
There is no social expecting tipping range, you tip based on how you feel about the quality of service

you being at apple bees for an hour isn't getting you more service from that person she's waiting on other customers, you can be that for an hour after drinking one beer at the bar talking

get out of here with this nonsense

these servers are becoming glorified beggers

Look at bolded...
How old are you brother?

Taco

All Star
Daps
Fool, you ain't paying no $250 tip on a $1000 restaurant bill. nikka please.
Me and 3 other friends ran up a bill to $1600 at a 3 star Michelin. This included Wine & cheese pairings and other a la carte cocktails. Service was phenomenal. Tip came out to $320.

I worked in the industry and loved it. I’m a people person so talking to anyone and everyone was easy. Getting stiffed (getting a low tip) is part of the game. The game is to work your way out of the cheaper restaurants and into finer dining. Lowest I ever got at the nicer places was 10% but that was like 3 times ever and I deserved that shyt lol The guest were shytty so I did the bare minimum to get them in and out.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Fool, you ain't paying no $250 tip on a $1000 restaurant bill. nikka please.
Cap A thon in here

$1000 bills are pretty regular for group outtings in Vegas, LA, SF, etc

most people, even rich people, leave a $100 tip because thats still a great tip for 30 minutes of work or so.

that % shyt only works at shyt like Red Lobster

mafukkas aint leaving $250 tip on a $1000 bill :martin: just trying to look good infront of complete internet strangers.. weird times we live in..

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Me and 3 other friends ran up a bill to $1600 at a 3 star Michelin. This included Wine & cheese pairings and other a la carte cocktails. Service was phenomenal. Tip came out to 320.

thats not 25% though :skip: thats 20% :skip:

mafukkas exposing themselves in here indirectly :skip:

if you woulda left $200, I doubt they woulda complained :skip:

and Michelin stars mean jack shyt, theres a place in downtown San Francisco owned by a 3 star Michelin chef and he out there serving $45 noodles :bryan:

Line be down the block 7 days a week though :martin:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Its extremely funny to me how heated a discussion can get about arbitrary tip percentages though.

Few years ago, 10-15% was standard...now its 25% apparently.

I'm just waiting for 45-50% to pop up but I think people will have a collective :whoa: by then :pachaha:

Taco

All Star
Daps
thats not 25% though :skip: thats 20% :skip:

mafukkas exposing themselves in here indirectly :skip:

if you woulda left $200, I doubt they woulda complained :skip:

and Michelin stars mean jack shyt, theres a place in downtown San Francisco owned by a 3 star Michelin chef and he out there serving $45 noodles :bryan:

Line be down the block 7 days a week though :martin:
It ain’t trickin if you got it. :manny:
Plus I still fukk with my chain restaurants and fast food joints. I ain’t jaded for shyt. I simply spend money in shyt that brings me joy.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I will tip around 15-22% for dine in service or delivery. that said, if the service was shytty, then I can understand why her tip was :trash:

and a gratuity is just that. they don't owe u shyt to be honest. guarantee this bytch stingy as hell when she's in the restaurant paying the bill.