"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was indeed a cheap customer, but I bet if you took an average of all her tips that day, they’d turn out to be 20 percent of the money generated from her tables. Some people tip more, and others tip less. Nothing to make a post over.

Exactly! Its a bytch move to go online and post about a bad tip. When your hoe ass ain't gonna post all the times you got a 15% and 20% or greater tip.

Just clown ass shyt.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I worked a tip job, I always tried to focus on keeping my energy the same whether it be a good tip or bad tip. I always felt shyt would always come full circle and it usually did. People I would think had the bread to leave a good tip didn't and people who just seem on some regular shyt left great tips. It's usually balanced itself out. When you start thinking like she doing it starts fukking with you quality of service and that shyt can hurt your earning potential as long as you in the tip service industry.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tipping culture remains stupid and illogical :mjlol:

People calling it a shytty tip have been conditioned to blindly judge a tip by some silly ass % metric. She got paid $15 for less than an hours worth of work (was likely working multiple tables during the time she waited on them). Furthermore, her effort is no different if I order the cheapest entree on the menu than if I order the most expensive item, so why should the tip be any different? But alas this is the culture we live in. :francis:

Here is the thing if you came in the restaurant and ordered a can of pop and they charged you 2 dollars. Then you left a 40 cent tip that joker would be pissed. Even though that still is 20%.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I worked a tip job, I always tried to focus on keeping my energy the whether it be a good tip or bad tip. I always felt shyt would always come full circle and it usually did. People I would think had the bread to leave a good tip didn't and people who just seem on some regular shyt left great tips. It's usually balanced itself out. When you start thinking like she doing it starts fukking with you quality of service and that shyt can hurt your earning potential as long as you in the tip service industry.

Yep thats what I did when I was a waiter.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
$15 is a shytty tip?
Not really, she still did the same amount of work. Just because they ordered a couple $80 steaks instead of the $18 salad plates doesn't mean she should be entitled to more money. For her is was still two plates of food and drinks.
Never understood the whole concept of tipping as a % of the price of the food. That's not her food and she doesn't have to prepare it either. Should be tipped based on the the number of drinks and dishes they have to carry and refill.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Because in a restaurant, servers tip out other staff based off their total overall sales. So if you leave Becky $5 on a $200 check, $9 out of that $200 gets tipped out to bartenders, food runners, bussers, etc. So basically Becky just paid $4 for you to eat. It’s not like waiters/waitresses keep the entire tip. If you can’t afford to tip take ya ass to McDonalds
1. You didn’t explain why tip is correlated to the check amount. Only why you think $15 is shytty. But if they served the same amount of people who just decided to order cheaper food, that same $15 would have to be divvied up. It would actually benefit them MORE if tips correlated with the actual amount of work they have to do. Like number of guests or length of service time.

2. So again. We’re just subsidizing what restaurants don’t want to pay.

And like I said before. I always tip at least 15%, unless service is terrible, even though it doesn’t make sense. How has everyone figured this out except America? We give corporations millions in tax breaks and then guilt trip the public into subsidizing worker pay.

It’s ridiculous.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
1. You didn’t explain why tip is correlated to the check amount. Only why you think $15 is shytty. But if they served the same amount of people who just decided to order cheaper food, that same $15 would have to be divvied up. It would actually benefit them MORE if tips correlated with the actual amount of work they have to do. Like number of guests or length of service time.

2. So again. We’re just subsidizing what restaurants don’t want to pay.

And like I said before. I always tip at least 15%, unless service is terrible, even though it doesn’t make sense. How has everyone figured this out except America? We give corporations millions in tax breaks and then guilt trip the public into subsidizing worker pay.

It’s ridiculous.
I did explain how it correlates. Waiters have to give other people in the restaurant money BASED off the amount of the entire checks. That’s literally the only reason a low tip on a high bill is shytty. I’m not saying tipping is a great system or anything, but that’s the one we live in (assuming you’re American).

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
It’s a normal thing for me honestly. I’ve been doing it since the first time I went out to buy dinner on my own when I was 18.

I also tip 25% to all Uber and Lyft riders. I literally take out my calculator and do the math.

It must be the people I hang with and my parents who Influenced me.
You dodged his question like a politician.

The question was: "Would you tip $250 on a $1000 bill, nikka?"

Daps
Here is the thing if you came in the restaurant and ordered a can of pop and they charged you 2 dollars. Then you left a 40 cent tip that joker would be pissed. Even though that still is 20%.
Exactly. Only when the bill is small do they subscribe to the notion that the tip should be commiserate with the effort.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
I did explain how it correlates. Waiters have to give other people in the restaurant money BASED off the amount of the entire checks. That’s literally the only reason a low tip on a high bill is shytty. I’m not saying tipping is a great system or anything, but that’s the one we live in (assuming you’re American).
No, that’s not explaining WHY it’s based on the amount of the check in the first place. There is a level of connection that is still missing. But I’ll continue the question this way if it’ll make what I’m asking clearer.... if that is the case, why is the amount/portion that is distributed between the other employees based on the check amount? Again, what bussers and hostesses do is not related to check amount. Bartenders, sure. But they probably do the least amount of work per customer and if they are getting a portion of every tip where they make a drink for someone, they should be more than fine anyway.

At its core, tipping based on check amount is stupid and makes people feel like they deserve more money just because someone ordered the lobster or the sea bass when they didn’t do anything extra.

But I’ll keep tipping at least 15% because our system is broken

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
No, that’s not explaining WHY it’s based on the amount of the check in the first place. There is a level of connection that is still missing. But I’ll continue the question this way if it’ll make what I’m asking clearer.... if that is the case, why is the amount/portion that is distributed between the other employees based on the check amount? Again, what bussers and hostesses do is not related to check amount. Bartenders, sure. But they probably do the least amount of work per customer and if they are getting a portion of every tip where they make a drink for someone, they should be more than fine anyway.

At its core, tipping based on check amount is stupid and makes people feel like they deserve more money just because someone ordered the lobster or the sea bass when they didn’t do anything extra.

But I’ll keep tipping at least 15% because our system is broken
Oh I didn’t realize you were questioning it. I mean I agree, but to me if you know how the system works and you still tip like shyt, you’re asking someone to work for free. Obviously there are exceptions like if the service is bad. When I was a server I tried not to let bad tips bother me because they usually evened out with the good ones. Blasting bad tips on the internet is corny

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Tipping is bullshiit and will always be bullshiit.

The whole percentage aspect of it just proves it. So because the bill is bigger, you deserve a higher tip?

Basically:
Waiter A busts his ass and provides great amazing service for a table w/a lot of requests, but his table's bill is $100 so he would be tipped $15
Waiter B only has to bring out an expensive bottle of wine and their table's bill is $300 so they should be tipped $45?

If your only skill set in life is taking orders and carrying food trays, then you need to accept what you get :yeshrug:
Learn some skills and get a better job. And if you are on some, "Well I will spit in your food" nonsense, then you are further proving everybody's point that you deserve to die an old waitress begging for tips for the rest of your life.