[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well if true this explains a lot about the ending to Collision

I'm not sure that adds up, though.

Kenta has been popping shyt in order to set up a match, right?

So the punishment was to.......book him in the match he was asking for? And his petty response was to pull out at the last second?

Maybe I've got part of this wrong.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami

So the punishment was to.......book him in the match he was asking for? And his petty response was to pull out at the last second?

Maybe he wanted the match but when they told him he was going to lose he decided against it?

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami

DAZN posted this similar scenario as well. Tanahashi/Punk was slated to be on last year's show before Punk's injury.

This is honestly a good idea. He defends the title he never lost in place of MJF. MJF goes nuts at Punk still walking around with the title and they have a match at Wembley

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Tonight’s AEW Dynamite will see more matches confirmed for the AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II pay-per-view.

It was noted by Fightful Select that Minoru Suzuki and NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champion Tomohiro Ishii are booked for Forbidden Door matches. Furthermore, most top NJPW talents are booked for matches that have not been announced yet.

Backstage Notes on the AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II Card, CM Punk's Status

I'm guessing OC/ZSJ might officially be added tonight.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Yeah, the only thing I can come up with is that KENTA thinks he can carny his way into a main event match with Punk instead of throwaway "dream match" put together 1 week before a U.S PPV.

The problem with this theory is that KENTA has never shown to be that kind of guy so I'm still puzzled about this whole thing.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Fightful says El Phantasmo and Jeff Cobb have also been pitched.

I wasn't being serious when I suggested ELP though