[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Given that Sanada is going to retain, and Okada must pose, almost guaranteed that Omega retains and the blow off match is at Wembley, correct?
Giving New Japan the ending of the PPV with their Ace posing does sound like it should be enough for them to "pay AEW back" by letting them have another Ospreay vs Omega match. Who wins I have no clue though.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Giving New Japan the ending of the PPV with their Ace posing does sound like it should be enough for them to "pay AEW back" by letting them have another Ospreay vs Omega match. Who wins I have no clue though.

I don't know if AEW has a choice since that's NJPW belt. Unless they strip Omega if TK won't let him wrestle but I doubt that. That's the thing about forbidden door, gotta be willing to work with the other company when they need someone. Not like NJPW has as grueling a schedule as AEW.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't know if AEW has a choice since that's NJPW belt. Unless they strip Omega if TK won't let him wrestle but I doubt that. That's the thing about forbidden door, gotta be willing to work with the other company when they need someone. Not like NJPW has as grueling a schedule as AEW.
I mean, that's part of the negotiations. It seems like TK was like "so what do you need from me at this PPV for you (New Japan) to give me a third Omega/Ospreay match that I can run at Wembley".

If he was able to secure that 3rd match, then it doesn't really matter who wins on Sunday because the "real" winner of the feud will be determined at Wembley.

It remains to be seen if that's truly the plan though. All this politics and negotiating is fascinating to me, to be honest. It's why I've been harping on it ever since FD and All In were announced.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Was catching up on Dynamite just now and saw that Jungle Boy fighting on rampage or collision against one of Sanada's boys, forgot buddies name. I think Doki, whatever it is, watch JB get kayfabe hurt during that match and we get another opponent. If not this gotta be the best performance of JB career cuz the criticism on him being the challenger is at an extremely high level.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The efficiency and smoothness of this burial is magnificent

giphy.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was pretty obvious. He was using K-tape on his shoulder and was "hiding" it by using a shirt in that DoN match. Considering the Okada match, it makes sense Tony would save him up as much as possible.

Yeah, not sure how it's news. Anarchy in the Arena was his first match since the Iron Man match at Revolution two months prior, and even then, they hid him for most of the match. Hasn't wrestled since. They've clearly been trying to keep him wrapped in plastic until Sunday.

This definitely means you're not ever seeing him in the G1 though, breh.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, not sure how it's news. Anarchy in the Arena was his first match since the Iron Man match at Revolution two months prior, and even then, they hid him for most of the match. Hasn't wrestled since. They've clearly been trying to keep him wrapped in plastic until Sunday.

This definitely means you're not ever seeing him in the G1 though, breh.
He only has 1 year left in his AEW contract so we'll see what he does next. Danielson is always changing his mind but he has been adamant about this being his last full time contract. The main reason he left WWE was to work other places so it wouldn't shock me if he takes a part time deal with AEW and gets to tour with New Japan a couple of times and makes a couple of trips to México.

And the G-1 is no longer a meat grinder of a tour so people gotta stop that narrative :manny:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Breh Im going to be so disappointed if this Jungle Boy match is real and not a last minute coked out Khan swerve. Have Hook lay him out or something before the match. Sanada come out and ask for a better opponent and Adam Cole or something come out

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Breh Im going to be so disappointed if this Jungle Boy match is real and not a last minute coked out Khan swerve. Have Hook lay him out or something before the match. Sanada come out and ask for a better opponent and Adam Cole or something come out
Adam Cole’s match will be announced on Rampage tonight
it's Filthy Tom Lawlor

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I like what Ospreay been bringing lol

Matches added to the card since last week:

*Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara and Minoru Suzuki vs. Sting, Darby Allin and Mystery Partner

*Jon Moxley, Wheeler Yuta, Claudio Castagnoli, Konosuke Takeshyta and Shota Umino vs. "Hangman" Adam Page, The Young Bucks, Eddie Kingston and Tomohiro Ishii

*CM Punk vs. Satoshi Kojima (First Round of Owen Hart Cup)

AEW International Championship
*Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Katsuyori Shibata vs. Daniel Garcia

AEW Women's World Championship
*Toni Storm (c) vs. Willow Nightingale

*Adam Cole vs. Tom Lawlor

*Athena vs. Billie Starkz (First Round of Owen Hart Cup)