[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I'd be shocked if they had Ospreay win on Sunday. They have a chance to tear the house down in Wembley with Ospreay winning the title in front of his native country.

Ospreay losing two in a row to omega tho…?

Like why would omega give him a third match in the context of the story?

I would imagine Ospreay wins the second match via Takeshyta fukkkery

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

What if Ospreay and Takeshyta start beating him up after the match and Ibushi comes to make the save? :ohhh:

TK was teasing something massive for this show. I'm going to speak Ibushi's debut in existence until it happens :blessed:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Bro, it’s pro wrestling. Os could easily harass dude by fukkin him up weekly and demand a match. They could even do some sort of “if you beat ____ you get a match.” We’ve been watching this shyt for years, it’s easy to come up with quick storylines. :heh:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Bro, it’s pro wrestling. Os could easily harass dude by fukkin him up weekly and demand a match. They could even do some sort of “if you beat ____ you get a match.” We’ve been watching this shyt for years, it’s easy to come up with quick storylines. :heh:

Or Omega can say if you want another rematch, put up your career and it leads to a Career vs. Title match at Wembley.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It's funny because I think NJPW is in a great position here to win the top two matches so we'll see if Tony plays hardball :lolbron:
I can easily seen them winning three of the top four. Sanada and MJF are obviously winning. Ospreay and Okada winning are not hard to see, but I think the US title match is the biggest 50/50 one here. Danielson seems to be in out over everyone else mode so wouldn’t surprise me if he takes the L.

But god could you imagine the meltdowns that would happen if they had Sanada drop the belt to Jungle Boy. That would be even worse than putting the belt on EVIL.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What if Ospreay wins though?
There's a lot more options if Ospray wins to close the show. You can have Callis show up and help him...or try to recruit after he wins (which could lead to either Omega beating him up or Ospreay saying no, to get a big pop). You can have all of Kenny's rivalries clash and Ibushi making a save.

After Okada wins there's not a lot more you can do booking wise besides him celebrating.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'd be shocked if they had Ospreay win on Sunday. They have a chance to tear the house down in Wembley with Ospreay winning the title in front of his native country.
I wonder if Okada vs Danielson was TK's bargaining chip to have Ospray vs Omega III at Wembley. As in "your top guy goes over Danielson...so you give me Ospreay at Wembley". Because it makes little sense for New Japan to let AEW get two of the three matches between Kenny and Ospreay, when they could sell out Budokan, Sumo Hall or a guaranteed great gate at the Tokyo Dome if they play hardball and want the third match in Japan.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if Okada vs Danielson was TK's bargaining chip to have Ospray vs Omega III at Wembley. As in "your top guy goes over Danielson...so you give me Ospreay at Wembley". Because it makes little sense for New Japan to let AEW get two of the three matches between Kenny and Ospreay, when they could sell out Budokan, Sumo Hall or a guaranteed great gate at the Tokyo Dome if they play hardball and want the third match in Japan.
Well NJPW is about to make bank on people buying the Forbidden Door PPV on NJPW World and I’m sure they get a cut of the gate while footing likely only a small fraction of the cost. So not like NJPW is getting nothing out of this.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Well NJPW is about to make bank on people buying the Forbidden Door PPV on NJPW World and I’m sure they get a cut of the gate while footing likely only a small fraction of the cost. So not like NJPW is getting nothing out of this.
make bank?:unimpressed: come one now...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Not necessarily. Forbidden Door II is only available for order on NJPW World to Japanese users. So they'll make some money off that but not sure how much.

Also, I'm sure they do get a split of the gate and other PPV buys elsewhere but I haven't seen what the split is.