343 Cancels Halo Infinite Split-Screen Co-op, Delays Season 3 till next year

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The mascot for the system can’t catch no breaks :francis:

I’ve been said fukk 343 every since they took over Halo 4. That game not only not me banned but it wasn’t even worth it, straight trash company :mjlol:

I don’t see how or why M$ even has these bums on the payroll

Canon

Veteran
Daps
its a shame because game plays well, but this might be the biggest post-launch disaster ever.
Is it this or Mcc?

How are these buggy unfinished games coming out of the biggest software developer in the world

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I really don't think he does. If Phil actually cared, their first party output would be equal to Sony's or better. He's been in charge for a long time now and nothing has changed since he took over from Mattrick. The exact same issues still persist.
He still had to convince Nadella to open up the purse. As soon as he did, boom, bought a few dozen studios, Bethesda and Activision. He is course correcting from YEARS of Mattrick's fukkups. Mattrick undid all the good done in the 360 era.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I see what you did there fam :pachaha:

All jokes aside, I agree with you except I do believe that Phil does love video games. Problem is he's told so many duck tales over the years, you can't rely on his word either.

They ran Halo into the ground and 343i ain't Bungie.
Releasing Phantom Dust with the original assets was wild breh

Phil don’t care about no damn video game

he a poser that try to play the good guy card

he a suit with no swag

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Nah I'm off this game. What is wrong with Microsoft, the same shyt happened with Gears 5. So much dysfunction. :sadcam:

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Is it this or Mcc?

How are these buggy unfinished games coming out of the biggest software developer in the world
its a management issue. They're using contractors instead of having the bulk of the work done in-house. Not that using contractors is wrong, but they're making them work on an engine that seems difficult to work on compared to other engines. If I am Microsoft I clean house at top of the studio and I strongly consider Halo moving to a new engine like unreal or ID's engine they use for Doom.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It is since the og trilogy:ehh:

Post launch content or lack there of doesn’t make a game bad.

Once all the delayed stuff comes out then what?
The campaign aint sniffin Halo:Reach. Not in story, not in level variety, not in atmosphere.

Cant judge the multi on what ifs and gonnas. Reach will have had a more complete multi at launch than Infinites alleged plans for a year after launch.

I do prefer equipment over armor abilities tho in Infinite compared to Reach. I’ll give it that:manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, the best thing out of this is that MCC is still supported and in good shape. Launched it last night and enjoyed a few rounds of Halo 2 and Halo Reach. Those games existing still scratches my Halo itch and it's just as enjoyable today as it was for me 10 years ago.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, the best thing out of this is that MCC is still supported and in good shape. Launched it last night and enjoyed a few rounds of Halo 2 and Halo Reach. Those games existing still scratches my Halo itch and it's just as enjoyable today as it was for me 10 years ago.
If you a campaign fan, Reach just got the Acrophobia skull on Wednesday(it lets you fly). Reach also got mod tools and quality of life update to Forge mode.

If you got some friends to team up with, check out ODST Flood Firefight, they added that in April.

There’s also work being done to restore cut CE maps and campaign content.

The small team working on MCC has been on fire since 2019. Ridiculous amount of stuff has been fixed/added to. Theres a reason its been my most played game the past 3 years