343 Cancels Halo Infinite Split-Screen Co-op, Delays Season 3 till next year

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I think the main problem here is their shyt engine that they Frankenstein on top of the original Halo engine, reliance on contract workers with no knowledge of the Engine, and maintenance downtime to develop any new content.

It's over. M$ needs to kill it and 343. If you was going to have a heavy contract workforce. Then, you need to move to Unreal or unity. fukk licensing fees. Cyberpunk and Halo Infinite got fukked by the same problem. Terrible resource management and cost cutting practices.

Add BF2042 to the mix with their shytty Frostbite engine.

I dont think its wise for MS to cut their losses on Halo Infinite tho. They need to clean up the mess they made otherwise they're going to lose a lot of goodwill with their players. BF2042 is in the same dilemma right now where players believe DICE is going to cut support after Season 4, and if that's the case, thats going to heavily damage the BF brand.

I really do question why they didn't scrap the XB1 veersion and just focus on Series X/S and PC

I feel like they wouldn't have half of these issues if they made the game current gen exclusive. Like, you're making a game for two types of Xbox Ones, two types of Xbox Series X, and then PC too. If you didn't already have co-op working, its going to be impossible to add it in later.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets a class action lawsuit.

I dont think its wise for MS to cut their losses on Halo Infinite tho. They need to clean up the mess they made otherwise they're going to lose a lot of goodwill with their players. BF2042 is in the same dilemma right now where players believe DICE is going to cut support after Season 4, and if that's the case, thats going to heavily damage the BF brand.

I feel like they wouldn't have half of these issues if they made the game current gen exclusive. Like, you're making a game for two types of Xbox Ones, two types of Xbox Series X, and then PC too. If you didn't already have co-op working, its going to be impossible to add it in later.
It's wild because Halo Infinite cut like 70% of the single player campaign due to this engine.

The technical debt is terrible. They can't get anything developed in a timely manner.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets a class action lawsuit.

It's wild because Halo Infinite cut like 70% of the single player campaign due to this engine.

The technical debt is terrible. They can't get anything developed in a timely manner.

Its even more wild they were ready to release the game at Xbox Series launch lol.

What the fukk did they have ready at that point if they're still working on / cancelling these key features?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Imagine fumbling your flagship franchise.

PlasticLightCrab-size_restricted.gif

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

BF2042 has made massive course corrections in comparison to Halo Infinite man

This new update looks like its meeting a lot of demands and then some. Halo can't even get out of its own way with the damn season pass :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

This new update looks like its meeting a lot of demands and then some. Halo can't even get out of its own way with the damn season pass :mjlol:

Played some rush games last night on the new BF maps and it was fun as hell.

I'm back in.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

BF2042 made a lot of progress since launch towards fixing the game, but it still has some ways to go since there's still shytty balancing, net code and hit reg issues, and a huge lack of content compared to previous titles. I think the game will finally be in a good state next season since we're getting 2 more map reworks this season, and they bringing back classes next season.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I can't defend 343. Heads need to roll. I had a lot of fun with Infinite but when we see the Chief again, it needs to be under a different studio.
They already let a number of leads go and cannibalized plenty of other small studios to get the manpower needed to push it out the door.

Halo is down bad and I don't know if there's gonna be a follow up main entry for a long time now.

meanwhile, bungie like :mjgrin: