343 Cancels Halo Infinite Split-Screen Co-op, Delays Season 3 till next year

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Halo is down bad and I don't know if there's gonna be a follow up main entry for a long time now.

This is what will bother players because the MBAs will say "look at Infinite, there is no market for Halo" and do no release, when in reality they just shat out a sad excuse of a game. Management over there seem to think they do no wrong. It's like watching mainline Star Wars get fukked, but with one of my favorite video game franchises. They tried sci-fi CoD with H4, straight-to-DVD engagement with H5, and a quarter-million installation base the first day of HI dries up because they relied on the name and northing else.

This is such a fukking fumble. :francis: Yes I'm pissed. People of my generation would have eaten this up left right and center. It was a guaranteed money pot, and they chose the worst path forward.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Cyberpunk 2077
Fallout 76
Mass effect Andromeda

Would all like to say hello
I'll honestly say Halo is a bigger disaster since it's supposed to be console seller and they supposedly spent like $500million on development. I think if you factor in cost and potential then this may be the biggest post-launch disaster Its a shame too since people seemed to love campaign and multiplayer, but it failed as a live service game

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its even more wild they were ready to release the game at Xbox Series launch lol.

What the fukk did they have ready at that point if they're still working on / cancelling these key features?
They had a campaign, theres even video of cut gameplay and cutscenes.

After the the reveal, they cut part the campaign to polish the graphics.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Probably should have never said they would do split screen. Can’t think of any other game of this scope that has split screen. They were just so stuck on trying to please fans after the complaints of 5 that they were pushing for something that should have been bushed a long time ago.

And i think that’s been their biggest problem. Trying to appease any and everybody that has an opinion on Halo. They continually force themselves into corners they don’t need to be in.

As we’ve seen plenty of times building an new engine alongside a new game is always a formula for struggle and this is no different.

They did a phenomenal job with the gameplay and the campaign this time around. They are just slow as fukk getting in all the things they promised. Don’t know if that’s due to the engine or lack of manpower or both.

Once the forge comes out and whatever Warzone/BR thing they are working on all will be forgotten cause they have a really solid game. Just needs content.

I was already on wait mode, so i’ll still be waiting till they get it right :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Probably should have never said they would do split screen. Can’t think of any other game of this scope that has split screen. They were just so stuck on trying to please fans after the complaints of 5 that they were pushing for something that should have been bushed a long time ago.

And i think that’s been their biggest problem. Trying to appease any and everybody that has an opinion on Halo. They continually force themselves into corners they don’t need to be in.

As we’ve seen plenty of times building an new engine alongside a new game is always a formula for struggle and this is no different.

They did a phenomenal job with the gameplay and the campaign this time around. They are just slow as fukk getting in all the things they promised. Don’t know if that’s due to the engine or lack of manpower or both.

Once the forge comes out and whatever Warzone/BR thing they are working on all will be forgotten cause they have a really solid game. Just needs content.

I was already on wait mode, so i’ll still be waiting till they get it right :manny:
Borderlands has 4 player split screen