343 Cancels Halo Infinite Split-Screen Co-op, Delays Season 3 till next year

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you a campaign fan, Reach just got the Acrophobia skull on Wednesday(it lets you fly). Reach also got mod tools.

If you got some friends to team up with, check out ODST Flood Firefight, they added that in April.

There’s also work being done to restore cut CE maps and campaign content.

The small team working on MCC has been on fire since 2019. Ridiculous amount of stuff has been fixed/added to. Theres a reason its been my most played game the past 3 years
Yeah it's funny seeing MCC get all this work and attention done to it but at launch it was kind of rocky. Makes me think Infinite will eventually get to a good spot but by then it will be mostly forgotten by most unless there's some huge catalyst to get people back onboard e.g. some battle royale mode or big promotion.

I mainly play MP but I did check out Flood Firefight a few months ago.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it's funny seeing MCC get all this work and attention done to it but at launch it was kind of rocky. Makes me think Infinite will eventually get to a good spot but by then it will be mostly forgotten by most unless there's some huge catalyst to get people back onboard e.g. some battle royale mode or big promotion.

I mainly play MP but I did check out Flood Firefight a few months ago.
The difference is MCC contains some of the most loved games in history with the Bungie Halos, so people came back when it got fixed. The fact i can still find matchmaking in CE after 21 years is insane.

Infinite doesn’t have that strong foundation of fans, so even if it does pull an MCC, good chance it’ll be too little, too late to bring people back.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Halo Infinite so far for me has been a hollow experience. 343 is just not it as far as Halo is concerned. Microsoft fukked up letting Bungie get out the umbrella, because if Bungie would have been able to continue with Halo in the direction they wanted to(something more like Destiny which is what Halo Infinite wants to be) Halo would be one of the biggest franchises in the world and would print money.

Thing is just like Cyberpunk 2077 I really hope they don't give up on Halo Infinite, the potential is obviously there they just need to do the work and get it there.

If I was Microsoft I would start pushing Starfield and Avowed/Outer Worlds 2 though, especially Starfield given it's clear they are trying to tap into the No Man's Sky market which I'm sure Starfield is gonna close No Man's Sky chapter barring some major fukk ups on their part.

Daps
343 has always been a mediocre dev, but this is also just too much game, even for a dev that went through a hiring spree to get numbers like IIRC they did.

I thought then, and still do now, that the answer was two separate Halo games developed by two separate devs. One focuses on the campaign and multiplayer maps, the other is the live service game Destiny-like. When the team that developed the traditional Halo campaign game was finished, you could divert some of them to help the service game Halo developer to support the live game and leave the rest of them to do post-release patching and DLC.

That way, you have a traditional Halo ready to go at or near launch, and that buys a year or three (depending on DLC map for the traditional Halo) to get Infinite right.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Fbp_4UNWQAEH9Hm

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
How do you fumble Halo? Halo?? :scust: I've tried to come back and play it every now and then but it just feels empty. They didn't even have Team Slayer when it first dropped. I still have it installed but I'm thinking about taking it off.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
343 has always been a mediocre dev, but this is also just too much game, even for a dev that went through a hiring spree to get numbers like IIRC they did.

I thought then, and still do now, that the answer was two separate Halo games developed by two separate devs. One focuses on the campaign and multiplayer maps, the other is the live service game Destiny-like. When the team that developed the traditional Halo campaign game was finished, you could divert some of them to help the service game Halo developer to support the live game and leave the rest of them to do post-release patching and DLC.

That way, you have a traditional Halo ready to go at or near launch, and that buys a year or three (depending on DLC map for the traditional Halo) to get Infinite right.
They really need to just treat it like Activision does with CoD at this point, fukk it, nothing else they been doing working. Put like 4 studios on it. 2 for SP, 2 for MP. Maybe an extra studio that just works on backend/engine shyt.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Facts, people need to be upset at the lack of post game lobby and other social features.

Who the fukk is split screening in the era of online gaming?
People who have friends outside of the internet. People who play with siblings, their children, girlfriends/wives, etc.

Split screen doesnt apply to lonely online nerds.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They really need to just treat it like Activision does with CoD at this point, fukk it, nothing else they been doing working. Put like 4 studios on it. 2 for SP, 2 for MP. Maybe an extra studio that just works on backend/engine shyt.
I hvae to disagree because as much as I like the franchise its not worth the investment to bush everything else for it. It makes perfect sense to do that for Activision since that franchise gives you at least a billion a year and I don't think Halo can do anywhere close to those numbers. The major issue for 343 is management and they don't know how to manage their projects. Also they really need to consider changing engines since it seems difficult to work with and no excuses for Microsoft not to have their own support studios since their current contracting system is a disaster.