[3/20/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage: CHRISTIAN VS. COPELAND 3 - I QUIT

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
This is like hearing Bryan Alvarez :scust: if that's the path you wanna take breh, you do you.

Your next world champions racking up quality Ws is all the logic I need. The more more marches he wins against people they crowd cares about, the better. And Takeshyta adds the bonus of having dope matches, which for the AEW audiencie is essential for keeping someone over. So I do believe the match works and serves a number of purposes both in kayfabe and out of it.
Once again, you dodged my question. All I want to know is what Swerve gains from letting somebody distract him from his title shot. If you don't have an answer for that, then keep your word salad and smilies. Move along.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Once again, you dodged my question. All I want to know is what Swerve gains from letting somebody distract him from his title shot. If you don't have an answer for that, then keep your word salad and smilies. Move along.
I've answered you twice. He gets a quality W that further establishes him as the top wrestler that should challenge for the belt. There's no distraction. Callis wants his guy to face Joe and we get to see which of the two wins the shot for Dynasty.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I've answered you twice. He gets a quality W that further establishes him as the top wrestler that should challenge for the belt. There's no distraction. Callis wants his guy to face Joe and we get to see which of the two wins the shot for Dynasty.
Swerve is already the top contender for Joe's title, so he doesn't need another "quality win". The only quality win is beating Samoa Joe and winning the belt. Accepting Callis's challenge only delays Swerve's title shot, assuming he beats Takeshyta.
Furthermore, what Callis wants is irrelevant. Swerve is in the catbird seat. Again, Mr. Strickland accepting a random match because "bangers" is stupid when Swerve's next match could, instead, be the title shot that he has already earned.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Swerve is already the top contender for Joe's title, so he doesn't need another "quality win". The only quality win is beating Samoa Joe and winning the belt. Accepting Callis's challenge only delays Swerve's title shot, assuming he beats Takeshyta.
Furthermore, what Callis wants is irrelevant. Swerve is in the catbird seat. Again, Mr. Strickland accepting a random match because "bangers" is stupid when Swerve's next match could, instead, be the title shot that he has already earned.
If we’re going to be all technical about stuff, we assume, and rightfully so, that Swerve is the top contender, but it hasn’t actually been made official.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If we’re going to be all technical about stuff, we assume, and rightfully so, that Swerve is the top contender, but it hasn’t actually been made official.
Oh brother. Just like last night, here comes the white man to intervene in a Black & brown conversation. From now on, your name is Cattle Callis.
:troll:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
He's not the top contender officially, he will be after the Takeshyta match. And no, quality wins are actually pretty important to keep momentum. If Swerve was just getting title shots via cutting promos and beating guys like the Blade, the AEW crowd will probably start looking elsewhere as the guy they get behind. And considering Ospreay is clearly being set up as the next guy, you need to keep booking Swerve as strong as possible against strong opposition.

Mr. Strickland :mjlol:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
He's not the top contender officially, he will be after the Takeshyta match. And no, quality wins are actually pretty important to keep momentum. If Swerve was just getting title shots via cutting promos and beating guys like the Blade, the AEW crowd will probably start looking elsewhere as the guy they get behind. And considering Ospreay is clearly being set up as the next guy, you need to keep booking Swerve as strong as possible against strong opposition.

Mr. Strickland :mjlol:
"Mr. Strickland" was just a grammar choice, I wasn't paying homage. I used "Swerve" too many times in my post, so I needed to switch things up. That's all.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Been busy so hopping on to post a review of current AEW product

-Sasha basically redid her promo from last week. She is still so rehearsed on the mic, no hungry emotion, like she's entering a pageant. I like the storyline fuse of the Skye/Julia - Willow/Stat corruption stuff.

-Gave Okada the foreigner prop already. I want to see Bullet Club / Elite for trios titles with Jay and Okada the focal point. Make Okada a belt collector while he gets his feet wet in AEW. There was something funny about the mid-match cut to the production area with the shytheads pestering the cokehead.

-Hook is still getting primary show nepotism placement. Don't care for this young lion storyline at all. Jericho working a lower card program trying to put a "rookie" over is better than him leading a whole group. Just don't care enough about either of them.

-The Devil storyline is so trash. Can Cole just not fukkin appear on my tv until he's able to do stuff? With every wheelchair rollout, and taped vignette, everything that was special about the Devil is losing luster. One of the main fallouts of World's End was Wardlow finally getting his revenge, and being promoted and set up as the guy chosen to win the world title. Then the whole group just did nothing and nothing and nothing. Now finally 3 of them win titles long after the fact, and the main player cashes his shot in with no program, no build-up, loses, then is immediately clowned by Cole. Literally the same purgatory he was in with MJF. Makes Cole look like either more a clown with no insurance plan to get Wardlow the W. He wasn't even involved ringside? I think Wardlow is Matt Morgan 2.0 but storyline wise just retarded.

-Ospreay is just pure money, natural babyface energy, and when I talk about someone who comes off as having burning desire when they talk, that's him. I love that they keep giving him entrance time, the 3 corner "Ospreay"s he does in the ring is catching on well, and a nice idea. Also love that they keep giving him mic time, it definitely adds to his traction and surprisingly been a strong suit for him.

-I'm over the timeless Toni. She does her gimmick well, but it's still a comedy gimmick. She does nothing to earn real heel heat with the crowd, and everyone involved with her just gets overshadowed by the black and white theatrics. Main woman's belt is an afterthought atm.

-Still not sure they will do the right thing by Swerve. One of Joe's first decrees as champ was that folks were gonna have to earn their way to him through the rankings, which has already been bushed again just a couple months after it was brought back. I think that's good, just a note. The whole Takeshyta thing (who yes was ranked right behind Swerve and Hangman in the February ranking) felt like it was overstepping Joe have a champion advantage in the feud. Callis can just barge in and make it look like they subbing Takeshyta into the feud. How about Joe strikes a deal with Callis and brings him to challenge Swerve on his own accord?

-Edge and Christian blowoff finally. Don't really care for Edge, I think the optimal place for him company wise is holding that mid-card title on the mid-card show Collision, appearing in the middle of the fukkin card. Christian is GOATed but I think we've seen the best of this Father of the year stuff, the Killswitch angle is so wishy washy, I think Nick Wayne has a little something there, and if he pans out he and Darby could have the life-long opp thing going alas Owens/Zayn.

Overall the show is much more cohesive, and everyone that appears on the show has some bit of backstory happening, which is good. The color pack that dropped is nice too, gives a production vibe more of what they branded themselves as on launch. They definitely have their strongest roster ever, this the year you take a look at all the assets you've acquired since day one, and figure out which ones you really want to be the "pillars". it's gonna get hectic with the likes of MJF, Kenny, Cole / Hayter, Baker still pending return. Jury still out, but AEW trending upward from their absolute dogshyt WOAT run last year. Also please give Nigel an official retirement match against Danielson at Wembley this year :troll:

Daps

1.PNG