Wisconsin

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I’ve learned that it’s better to be down a little in polls then up apparently

All I see is CNN mention a hundred times all the issues Kamala has in the election

Not once have I seen a clip of them mention the issues Trump has who’s actually down in the polls
CNN has turned to trash ever since Biden won (probably even before then).

I rarely watch the news in general, but if I do, I usually watch MSNBC or broadcast news (CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.).

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Sounds like she would govern the way they hoped Biden would but he appointed a bunch of Warrenist people in his cabinet as part of his agreement with Berndawg about what he would do in the office. Kamala hasn’t made similar handshake agreements. Realistically, no one has any idea what she will do. She could follow Biden, which I think is wise or she could return to the sort of centrism that usually leads to an upset left flank.

I think it’s a critical juncture for the Democratic Party aside from Trump having to lose. Personally, I would at least just basically take things that are popular in blue states and would be popular elsewhere and just make that the national platform: paid family and sick leave, no non-competes for non exec workers, universal free lunch for k-12, universal pre-k, paid paternity leave, raising the minimum wage and tying it to CPI or some other barometer, greatly diminishing the tipped wage, building more homes - all of these things require raising taxes but they’re all hard to go against. And they’re popular to run on without getting into a true ideological battle.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
CNN has turned to trash ever since Biden won (probably even before then).

I rarely watch the news in general, but if I do, I usually watch MSNBC or broadcast news (CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.).
Just read articles and don’t watch the news unless it breaking news. Most major news networks are headed by republicans.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I also think you have to take into account that Trump is a uniquely bad candidate who under performs what a Generic Republican would do in an election, making it much harder to track success or failure based on past metrics. There are people who aren't even democrats who will vote for Harris just because of how unfit he is. And the farther we get from 2016 the more that looks like a fluke win with a depressed electorate that hated both candidates. He needs low turnout and a democrat getting <49% of the popular vote in order to have a shot. I just don't see that happening in a high turnout election. It's why he lost in 2020 and should be why he loses this time.

Under normal circumstances sure, a Romney type would prob be destroying Biden or Harris right now. But it's not a normal circumstance. Roe v Wade is gone and republican control of the house and the ability to take the senate are imperiled because Trump has endorsed some of the last electable most insane people imaginable. It's a circus.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I also think you have to take into account that Trump is a uniquely bad candidate who under performs what a Generic Republican would do in an election, making it much harder to track success or failure based on past metrics. There are people who aren't even democrats who will vote for Harris just because of how unfit he is. And the farther we get from 2016 the more that looks like a fluke win with a depressed electorate that hated both candidates. He needs low turnout and a democrat getting <49% of the popular vote in order to have a shot. I just don't see that happening in a high turnout election. It's why he lost in 2020 and should be why he loses this time.

Under normal circumstances sure, a Romney type would prob be destroying Biden or Harris right now. But it's not a normal circumstance. Roe v Wade is gone and republican control of the house and the ability to take the senate are imperiled because Trump has endorsed some of the last electable most insane people imaginable. It's a circus.
Romney-type Republican wouldn't turn out the Trump base though.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah it’s the opposite imo

Trump is a much harder out then anyone else in the Republican party because of his cult of personality and stronghold over the white working class and men in general

If he loses I don’t see where the next Republican win comes from because it’s all cheap imitations of him and the Romney republicans can’t even win Republican primaries anymore