WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
serious question, and put aside your personal disdain for me :dead:

how can you guys respect the BAD POLITICS of this administration's elitist indifference to high gas prices? are you looking forward to trump screaming "cheap gas", while biden stutters through "but we care about alaskan wildlife"?

Explain very clearly and explicitly how you expect the President to lower gas prices. Especially when the US is already a net exporter of crude oil.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Explain very clearly and explicitly how you expect the President to lower gas prices. Especially when the US is already a net exporter of crude oil.

That's not really a fair question. You're asking him to make a reasoned argument based on an informed stance, something you full well know he's never done in the history of his posting on this site.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
serious question, and put aside your personal disdain for me :dead:

Haven't you been called out for this specific bad-faith tactic before, to the point that it was even a bullet in the "Cac Mamba's bad faith playbook" thread?

how can you guys respect the BAD POLITICS of this administration's elitist indifference to high gas prices? are you looking forward to trump screaming "cheap gas", while biden stutters through "but we care about alaskan wildlife"?

How the hell does canceling oil leases in Alaska impact the price of gas for American citizens? I really want to hear your answer. If Biden had approved those leases, how many cents do you believe the price of gas would have dropped in response this year.....next year.....five years from now?

You're basically just saying that Biden should fukk over some of the last intact ecosystems in the country in order to virtue signal that he cares about gas prices, despite the fact that it will do no good whatsoever except put some money into the pockets of oil executives.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
drove past a chevron that was selling for 5 dollars a gallon today. biden's approach to gas prices is unacceptable at this point, and it's starting to piss me off. don't tell me that gas prices are no big deal while your fukkin scumbag son is out here selling paintings for 100 thousand dollars

i hope this motherfukker knows that if he loses to trump, he goes down as the worst president in american history. the nomination is biden's if he wants it, but he better be sure he wins this election :yeshrug:
I was at Quantico, VA on Thursday and filled up for $3.49

bnew

Veteran
Daps

by supporting ukraine, long-term americans will see cheaper gas prices when a developed ukraine gas and oil industry acts as a hedge against OPEC shenanigans. if russia were to take over ukraine, OPEC+ would have the world energy and grain markets by the balls.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
by supporting ukraine, long-term americans will see cheaper gas prices when a developed ukraine gas and oil industry acts as a hedge against OPEC shenanigans. if russia were to take over ukraine, OPEC+ would have the world energy and grain markets by the balls.

That's long-term. Biden will be out of office by then. We're talking about between now and 2024.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
That's long-term. Biden will be out of office by then. We're talking about between now and 2024.

this is why things are in the state they are now because most people are not thinking of the long term consequences of policy decisions and whether they'll be beneficial or detrimental.

reagans dumb decision to remove solar panels off the white house roof and roll back renewable sources incentives/subsidies pretty much gave china the market lead decades later. he's dead but his policies absolutely played a role in shaping the energy market we're currently dealing with.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

Lowkey, if Jimmy Carter wins the relection in 1980, America is probably way further in terms of fighting climate change than we would be today.

The Reagan Administration delayed progress on antitrust laws, unions, labor rights, investment in the social safety net, arguably civil rights for minorites/women, etc. The caveat to that is that Jimmy Carter wasn't particularly supportive of labor, and I think the slackening of antitrust enforcement began under his tenure.

I get why old money and the C-Suite class love Reagan, because that is who he fought for.

But I assume anyone middle class or below (especially if they are non-white) who professes love for Ronald Reagan doesn't know what the fukk they're talking about.

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
this is why things are in the state they are now because most people are not thinking of the long term consequences of policy decisions and whether they'll be beneficial or detrimental.

reagans dumb decision to remove solar panels off the white house roof and roll back renewable sources incentives/subsidies pretty much gave china the market lead and decades later. he's dead but his policies absolutely played a role in shaping the energy market we're currently dealing with.

As all that maybe true, the original post was a poster saying that Biden could lower gas prices in the short term, ie. within his term. So what you're saying doesn't address that. You're having a different discussion now.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Haven't you been called out for this specific bad-faith tactic before, to the point that it was even a bullet in the "Cac Mamba's bad faith playbook" thread?

How the hell does canceling oil leases in Alaska impact the price of gas for American citizens? I really want to hear your answer. If Biden had approved those leases, how many cents do you believe the price of gas would have dropped in response this year.....next year.....five years from now?

You're basically just saying that Biden should fukk over some of the last intact ecosystems in the country in order to virtue signal that he cares about gas prices, despite the fact that it will do no good whatsoever except put some money into the pockets of oil executives.

they don't even use all those oil leases, oil executives are on record telling their shareholders they don't plan to increase production so prices can remain and high and they can continue to report record profits.

Last edited: