Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Don't Fall For It: Shoddy Polling Again Pushing Doom And Gloom For Dems​

It's the "red wave" all over again :mjgrin:

Recent polls have Democrats and Never-Trumpers alarmed about Biden's 2024 re-election prospects. Biden's approval numbers and head-to-head match ups with Trump give the picture of an unpopular Democratic President that is drifting towards electoral disaster.

Current polls have Biden at a 39% approval rating and Biden and Trump tied to win the presidency, with some polls even having Trump ahead of Biden.

But a closer look at the polls and the methods behind them underscores both why no one should be panicking at this point, and how polls are routinely weaponized to discourage pro-democracy voters.

The shoddy polling methods that get us to these gloomy predictions haven't changed since 2022, and in that cycle the polls were proven wrong. Very wrong. So wrong the polling industry was stunned at its own inaccuracy and forced into serious introspection.

(more in the link above)

That article is pretty useless.

It says that 538 predicted a 57% chance that the Republicans would win both chambers, and a 43% chance the Democrats would win at least one, then acts like that was a huge polling miss. That's not a polling miss, they were saying the odds were virtually 50-50 and that's about right (Democrats only made it to 51 Senate seats cause Masto barely survived with 48.8% of the vote, Warnock held on, and Fetterman flipped his seat). That's the whole reason for using percentages instead of guarentees, they said it was going to be close and it was.

It's true that overall, polls predicted the Republicans to do better in 2022. But polls underestimated Republican support in 2020, and that was a presidential election like this one. So how do we know that the polls are off the direction they were in 2022, and not the direction they were in 2020?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
drove past a chevron that was selling for 5 dollars a gallon today. biden's approach to gas prices is unacceptable at this point, and it's starting to piss me off. don't tell me that gas prices are no big deal while your fukkin scumbag son is out here selling paintings for 100 thousand dollars

i hope this motherfukker knows that if he loses to trump, he goes down as the worst president in american history. the nomination is biden's if he wants it, but he better be sure he wins this election :yeshrug:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
drove past a chevron that was selling for 5 dollars a gallon today. biden's approach to gas prices is unacceptable at this point, and it's starting to piss me off. don't tell me that gas prices are no big deal while your fukkin scumbag son is out here selling paintings for 100 thousand dollars

i hope this motherfukker knows that if he loses to trump, he goes down as the worst president in american history. the nomination is biden's if he wants it, but he better be sure he wins this election :yeshrug:
Damn, you struggling over gas even after not paying income tax. You tricking off money creh? :sas2:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
serious question, and put aside your personal disdain for me :dead:

how can you guys respect the BAD POLITICS of this administration's elitist indifference to high gas prices? are you looking forward to trump screaming "cheap gas", while biden stutters through "but we care about alaskan wildlife"?