WHO WINS?

• Total voters
Daps
How does a war in the Middle East impact what’s going on in America?

This is not an issue that should determine who cast a vote for in America
Go ask them, or more realistically, look at what the leaders/people in those spaces are saying online. And stop pretending like you're interested in a good faith convo on this issue, you just want this shyt to devolve into the Isreal/Palestine foreign policy debate in this thread

Muslim voters can take this gambit, but I don’t see this resulting in better domestic policies for Muslims nor do I see democrats fighting for their vote in the future, particularly if they carry Michigan.
I feel like its more of "the view wont change" apathy than a strategic boycott but outside of this particular issue and Trumps travel ban I rarely see pander attempts to Muslims on the national level. Tbr its not like the Dems have any voting blocs near as lock-step as black people anyway so its always hard to gauge how much apathy in other minority groups will hurt until the hurt happens

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
What is even Muslim Americans platforms in domestic politics? Is even Women reproductive rights or abortion a priority to them? Most Muslim I've encountered with are pretty conservative. So, I really don't know the spectrum of what really appeals to them domestically.

I guess it could also be even superficial like not wanting a Woman as president. Which I'm starting to see as of late among a wide spectrum of people not just Muslim Americans. Much less Black Indian Mixed race Woman as president.

I think she has done a way better job of breaking the gender barrier than Hilary. Plus, she is actually pretty relatable as a human. The race barrier... She still not Obama, but she never was. Which is fine. She has turned into a great candidate.

We are at the phase Republican are going to send out the nastiest and loudest disinformation possible. She must not become passive and let her voice get drowned out. Keep that foot firmly on their neck.
Muslim Americans have gravitated to the Dems over the last 20 years on economic policy (progressive taxation, guardrails on financials and banking, labor rights etc). Also healthcare and immigration.

Nearly a third of Muslim Americans are African American so the issues that the larger black community go for, it’s the same.

On abortion, yes, Muslims are socially conservative. But as a community we don't believe in these crazy laws banning abortion at 6 weeks. We don't even think a fetus has a soul until around 16 weeks into a pregnancy or 4 months in. A lot of people are shocked to hear that. But Islam does allow abortion in a lot of the cases we hear about (health of the mother, rape, incest, etc).

And about the woman being a president thing, most Muslim Americans voted for Hillary. Big time. I think she got over 65% of the Muslim vote.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The Arab American vote which is majority Christian has been going Republican anyway.
Very true and understated.
What is even Muslim Americans platforms in domestic politics?
Wide gamut, living in Charlotte we have a decent sized group and there's always things like finding for community initiatives, working visas, refugee status, the ability to unify families, easier path to citizenship, support for small businesses, and accountability for overzealous policing and other federal protections from race and faith based discriminations.

In theory, project 2025 would allow religious organizations to receive additional funding. Just not sure how much that will apply to non white Christian groups

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This is what people mean about bad faith posting.

Whether you agree or not you're well aware of why they're mad.
Republicans view Muslims living in America as the enemy

That should be a bigger reason to vote than to think America is allowing something to happen in the Middle East

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
Racism / Race Baiting
You cuck ass democratic shill sellouts worried about Project 2025.
Yall need to be worried about what happens IN the Projects in 2024😳😏

Went from Alabama Brawl to being scared of some wishful kkk list

Dummies