WHO WINS?

• Total voters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The running away from Biden thing is hard to do because outside of Gaza he has done real well. There is no policy to distance herself from. Inflation isn't a policy it's the potential result of policy and as we can see now Bidens actions have mostly been sound on that front.

The Gaza thing is a nightmare in a rational moral society but alot of voters don't care about it on that level.

I can understand her not wanting to distance herself from Biden since she's VP, but she could at least push back against Netanyahu.

I'm not sure why politicians are so fukking afraid to stand up to Bibi. He's not even popular at home but the entire US government is scared to criticize him :dahell:

Last edited:

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
many people aren't even opposed to much of Biden's policies they just didn't like them because Biden is old and boring, "vibes" is a real thing with many of these clunk brains.
That's true, but Kamala has taken on the vibes mantle in her campaign as well. She needs to keep it up and make a break

This is well said, esp "meaningfully break"... I think its a fine line. I understand your point.. but solidarity with the incumbent, Pres/VP unity is important too IMO.

If Harris went on a biden apology tour and emphasized distancing herself as a VP from the sitting President... Right wing and probably some independents will spin that negatively. Let the republicans be the party in shambles lacking cohesiveness

It can be done responsibly, but it needs to be done.

Republicans will spin that quote about her being the same as Biden to far, far worse effect.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
This is well said, esp "meaningfully break"... I think its a fine line. I understand your point.. but solidarity with the incumbent, Pres/VP unity is important too IMO.

If Harris went on a biden apology tour and emphasized distancing herself as a VP from the sitting President... Right wing and probably some independents will spin that negatively. Let the republicans be the party in shambles lacking cohesiveness
You already got them screaming that Harris and DNC pulled off a coup on Biden.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I think Kamala is still the favorite to win right now but one major mistake her campaign is making is not running far away from Biden.

He is extremely unpopular to the voters she's trying to reach and activate, and she's on national tv saying that nothing in her administratino will be different :francis:

She needs to give a speech and meaningfully break with him on the economy, and accentuate the differences
How do you run away from the current sitting President when you're the VP?

Kamala shouldn't run away from Biden, she should always answer the question about her contrast to Biden as she loves what they did together and her priority is to build on or improve that.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
How do you run away from the current sitting President when you're the VP?

Kamala shouldn't run away from Biden, she should always answer the question about her contrast to Biden as she loves what they did together and her priority is to build on or improve that.
Didn't Al Gore distance himself from Bill Clinton in 2000? Ironically, I think that was one of the reasons Gore lost.

Anyway, Kamala can't realistically run away from Biden. She is his VP, and she helped pass many of his key legislation and nominations (by breaking ties in the Senate).

As some have pointed out, it's Biden himself that is unpopular (mainly due to his age and bumbling) and not so much his policies.