2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If bijan plays at a high level gets a 2nd contract in Atlanta and stays at a high level there will still be critics like yourself saying that he's a bust that never should have been picked in the 1st round which my only issue with the value argument.

It sounds good in theory, but in practice I don't think it's the end all be all.
Well hold on.

I never said Bijan Robinson was going to be a bust.

I never said he wasn’t a good prospect.

What I said was that he shouldn’t have gone 8th overall.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Position matters though.
We just saw Dameon Pierce have a fantastic rookie season for Houston, and he was a 4th round pick.

Bijan Robinson is probably better than Pierce. He's much more valuable in the passing game, potentially. But is he 3 rounds more valuable? That's the whole question here. I don't think he is.

Robinson probably has a fine season in 2023, and you'll be tagging me left and right whenever he has a good game.

But will the Falcons be any good? Probably not. Not until they use one of their top future draft picks on solidifying the offensive line and quarterback position. And by that point, who knows what will happen with Robinson?
Was Sauce Gardner 4 rounds better than Tariq Woolen?

Our OL was one of the best in the league last year and is 3 1st rounders, a high 2nd rounder, and a 4th rounder at C, which is even less "vALuE" in the 1st round than a RB. If you don't know shyt about the Falcons, just say that.

Our QB was in a strange draft that only saw 1 QB go ahead of him that nobody should bet significant cash that he will be "2 rounds" better, and that's after 13 out of the 20 QBs taken in the 1st round the 5 years before that were either disappointments or flat out busts. But that's "VaLUe", right?

I could give a fukk about the narrative, a player who could potentially put up 2,000 all-purpose yards himself while opening up opportunities for the rest of the offense by taking attention from the defense is valuable as fukk :hubie:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Our OL was one of the best in the league last year and is 3 1st rounders, a high 2nd rounder, and a 4th rounder at C, which is even less "vALuE" in the 1st round than a RB. If you don't know shyt about the Falcons, just say that.

Our QB was in a strange draft that only saw 1 QB go ahead of him that nobody should bet significant cash that he will be "2 rounds" better, and that's after 13 out of the 20 QBs taken in the 1st round the 5 years before that were either disappointments or flat out busts. But that's "VaLUe", right?

I could give a fukk about the narrative, a player who could potentially put up 2,000 all-purpose yards himself while opening up opportunities for the rest of the offense by taking attention from the defense is valuable as fukk :hubie:
We’ll see.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
watch out for Tyrique Stevenson - 8th CB taken in the draft, late second round by Chicago

he has basically solidified himself as the Bears #2 CB already on the outside. Great speed & instincts, great ability to finish plays and tackles

I was at the game this past weekend and he was flashing, as he has all camp

looks like we got a good one, the Bears secondary is young and looking fast right now, I am super optimistic with this group

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Of course, position matters. The point is Robinson is positionless.

You don’t seem to wanna focus on his skill set. That doesn’t seem to be a part of your discussion and has been a part of mines from jump. He is not “simply “a running back.
This is the same thing I was saying about Gibbs with the Lions pick as they were getting killed for it. Dude's gonna be used so multifunctional that you don't just value him like a rb. The dimensions he'll add to the offense splitting out wide as well as catching out the backfield should have him evaluated differently.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This is the same thing I was saying about Gibbs with the Lions pick as they were getting killed for it. Dude's gonna be used so multifunctional that you don't just value him like a rb. The dimensions he'll add to the offense splitting out wide as well as catching out the backfield should have him evaluated differently.
Exactly. The point is, a lot of these guys don’t know any of these players or watch them.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Bijan is different. Not just a “running back.”

These dudes don’t watch these players. They just stick to the going cliché of the moment.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What did you not see in the passing tree Robinson is showing that he could run? What are you not seeing?
You keep insisting on driving the conversation toward Robinson's skill set.
I keep saying that's not the whole story.

Because the draft isn't about just taking good players. It matters where you get them.

You understand this, right? Sebastian Janikowski played 18 years and was one of the best kickers of his era. It was stupid to draft him 17th overall, right? Clearly you understand that. Now WHY do you understand that? Because you recognize that where you draft a guy matters as much as his abilities.

That's why I'm saying that Bijan Robinson can be a great player. But choosing to take him 8th overall when you could have had him later...or when you could have taken another player who might get you -- maybe not equal -- but very similar production, was a foolish decision.

I mean help me out here. What isn't clear about my point?

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
You keep insisting on driving the conversation toward Robinson's skill set.
I keep saying that's not the whole story.

Because the draft isn't about just taking good players. It matters where you get them.

You understand this, right? Sebastian Janikowski played 18 years and was one of the best kickers of his era. It was stupid to draft him 17th overall, right? Clearly you understand that. Now WHY do you understand that? Because you recognize that where you draft a guy matters as much as his abilities.

That's why I'm saying that Bijan Robinson can be a great player. But choosing to take him 8th overall when you could have had him later...or when you could have taken another player who might get you -- maybe not equal -- but very similar production, was a foolish decision.

I mean help me out here. What isn't clear about my point?
Compare kickers to running backs brehs

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I used a kicker to make a broad point about draft value.

Apparently you didn't go to a decent high school and so you don't understand.
You used a KICKER drafted TWENTY-THREE years ago at least 100 spots ahead of the next player at his position to discuss a RUNNING BACK who was drafted FOUR picks before the next one :gucci:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You used a KICKER drafted TWENTY-THREE years ago at least 100 spots ahead of the next player at his position to discuss a RUNNING BACK who was drafted FOUR picks before the next one :gucci:
Jesus Christ, dude.

The point I was making was about value. You really think I'm comparing Janikowski to Robinson?
You cannot be fukking serious.

:why: