2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Man the more time goes on the more I'm liking Richardson for the Colts especially if he's gonna play and it looks like he will

Perfect offense for him to be a Super Jalen, quality LG & T, Taylor, Downs is small but you can stretch the field for his arm, weak division

This might be something to watch :jbhmm:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Man the more time goes on the more I'm liking Richardson for the Colts especially if he's gonna play and it looks like he will

Perfect offense for him to be a Super Jalen, quality LG & T, Taylor, Downs is small but you can stretch the field for his arm, weak division

This might be something to watch :jbhmm:
fukk him.

T Law run shyt now.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
@Remote I can’t wait for Bijan, who you admitted to not watching or knowing about his skill set, shuts you up.

Hes one of the most skilled RBs to come out of the draft in the past 15 years. Hes a Swiss Army knife that you’re stuck on the “RB cliche” to not understand.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Remote I can’t wait for Bijan, who you admitted to not watching or knowing about his skill set, shuts you up.

Hes one of the most skilled RBs to come out of the draft in the past 15 years. Hes a Swiss Army knife that you’re stuck on the “RB cliche” to not understand.

He’s very likely a fine player.
And if you play fantasy football he may even be a top 5-8 fantasy scoring RB this season.

But it was still poor value for Atlanta to draft him inside the top 10.

NYC Rebel

Daps
He’s very likely a fine player.
And if you play fantasy football he may even be a top 5-8 fantasy scoring RB this season.

But it was still poor value for Atlanta to draft him inside the top 10.
It’s not poor value. If this was Deebo, Samuel’s, you would be saying he’s worth the money that he was signed for. Bijan Robinson is just as skilled as Deebo, Samuels but happens to play running back. This is what happens when you actually watch a football player instead of getting caught up in clichéd boxing in someone who has a label next to their position.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s not poor value. If this was Deebo, Samuel’s, you would be saying he’s worth the money that he was signed for. Bijan Robinson is just as skilled as Deebo, Samuels but happens to play running back. This is what happens when you actually watch a football player instead of getting caught up in clichéd boxing in someone who has a label next to their position.
Position matters though.
We just saw Dameon Pierce have a fantastic rookie season for Houston, and he was a 4th round pick.

Bijan Robinson is probably better than Pierce. He's much more valuable in the passing game, potentially. But is he 3 rounds more valuable? That's the whole question here. I don't think he is.

Robinson probably has a fine season in 2023, and you'll be tagging me left and right whenever he has a good game.

But will the Falcons be any good? Probably not. Not until they use one of their top future draft picks on solidifying the offensive line and quarterback position. And by that point, who knows what will happen with Robinson?

NYC Rebel

Daps
Position matters though.
We just saw Dameon Pierce have a fantastic rookie season for Houston, and he was a 4th round pick.

Bijan Robinson is probably better than Pierce. He's much more valuable in the passing game, potentially. But is he 3 rounds more valuable? That's the whole question here. I don't think he is.

Robinson probably has a fine season in 2023, and you'll be tagging me left and right whenever he has a good game.

But will the Falcons be any good? Probably not. Not until they use one of their top future draft picks on solidifying the offensive line and quarterback position. And by that point, who knows what will happen with Robinson?
Of course, position matters. The point is Robinson is positionless.

You don’t seem to wanna focus on his skill set. That doesn’t seem to be a part of your discussion and has been a part of mines from jump. He is not “simply “a running back.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Position matters though.

If bijan plays at a high level gets a 2nd contract in Atlanta and stays at a high level there will still be critics like yourself saying that he's a bust that never should have been picked in the 1st round which my only issue with the value argument.

It sounds good in theory, but in practice I don't think it's the end all be all.