2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
btX2TBE.png

Lions might have something here ... Butckus winner in college, his tape looks good

dude might be a beast lowkey

He's really good. His hip placement is really good and he's always set to make a move to the ball. Good example:

He's not wasting any steps, and he's already very athletic. Given how strong our safeties are now, our LBs are gonna be able to pick gaps and punish runners all game while also shutting down TEs.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
btX2TBE.png

Lions might have something here ... Butckus winner in college, his tape looks good

dude might be a beast lowkey
lions had a great draft. people are hating on the gibbs pick but he is an absolute stud and can add so much to an already good offense. we saw what swift was able to do when healthy so imagine gibbs.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Lol okay so you won’t refute everything else. Got it.
There’s nothing to refute Because it had nothing to do with Bijon and his abilities…. That you admittedly didn’t watch. You’re just stuck on a cliché that has zero to do with Bijon the player.

Its fake

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s nothing to refute Because it had nothing to do with Bijon and his abilities…. That you admittedly didn’t watch. You’re just stuck on a cliché that has zero to do with Bijon the player.

Its fake
I don’t know how many different ways I can explain to you that his abilities are overvalued in relation to other RBs in order to be taken 8th overall.

I mean at this point I’m out of words.

:manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lions offseason makes zero sense.

How? We signed two starting CBs and one of the best safeties in the league, thus fixing the secondary. Signed a clear upgrade at RB for the offense. Picked up a solid vet receiver for the short term. And now in the draft we get more dynamic with a Kamara type weapon at RB, and upgraded at LB for the future.

Got three picks tonight and the opportunity to upgrade the d-line.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
You're over here yapping about this guy's skill set and I'm telling you it doesn't matter.

Here are the top 10 RBs in Yards from Scrimmage last season:

1. Josh Jacobs (1st round, 24th overall)
  2. Derrick Henry (2nd round, 45th overall)
  3. Christian McCaffrey (1st round, 8th overall)
  4. Nick Chubb (2nd round, 35th overall)
  5. Saquon Barkley (1st round, 2nd overall)
  6. Austin Ekeler (UNDRAFTED)
  7. Aaron Jones (5th round, 182nd overall)
  8. Dalvin Cook (2nd round, 41st overall)
  9. Rhamondre Stevenson (4th round, 120th overall)
  10. Travis Etienne (1st round, 25th overall)
By the way, in case you haven't noticed, all those RBs played for teams that didn't do shyt -- except for San Francisco and Minnesota. And Minnesota thrived on Justin Jefferson, NOT on Dalvin Cook.

So here you are talking about how amazing Bijan Robinson's tape is. And I'm telling you -- who gives a fukk? As a 2nd round pick that's fine. As the 8th pick it's retarded. Because there's better value elsewhere and you can win just fine with a 3rd round pick (Devin Singletary, Jerick McKinnon) or a 7th round pick (Isiah Pacheco) or an undrafted RB (Austin Ekeler).

Value matters.
If you can't appreciate that, you're going to draft like shyt.
this is not entirely true. the RBs were not the problem with those teams, in fact the RBs helped made them competitive, got them in the playoffs and/or helped the offense make that leap to the next level, for example CMC on the 9ers.

i don't like how RBs are getting buried now. a top RB is a game changer and if one is available you should take them if you need one. bijan is that guy and should open the offense with his gamebreaking running and catching.

now do the falcons have other needs that are more pressing? sure. but bijan was the safest pick and filled a need for them.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
How? We signed two starting CBs and one of the best safeties in the league, thus fixing the secondary. Signed a clear upgrade at RB for the offense. Picked up a solid vet receiver for the short term. And now in the draft we get more dynamic with a Kamara type weapon at RB, and upgraded at LB for the future.

Got three picks tonight and the opportunity to upgrade the d-line.
My bad, I just checked and saw Williams went to NO. I thought ya'll still had him on the roster. I was going to say ya'll had way too many rb's. I still think Gibbs was picked too high at 12 but it makes sense now.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's really good. His hip placement is really good and he's always set to make a move to the ball. Good example:

He's not wasting any steps, and he's already very athletic. Given how strong our safeties are now, our LBs are gonna be able to pick gaps and punish runners all game while also shutting down TEs.

yep I saw this play as well, he diagnosed it quickly too and left the flat to cover the middle. yall got one