2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Need Richardson to be good just for Black QBs as a whole. We are slowly becoming the standard :mjgrin: and these cac QBs hyped by talkin heads as mouthpieces for agents ain’t working no mo
Then they go marry white women, dilute the gene pool, and 60 years from now they some octoroon congressmen kicking they feet up in some office like "thanks Uncle Richardson :smugbiden:"

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Thing is they had full tape, Richardson's only got like 27 games total so there's some unknown that obviously Indy's ready to roll the dice on

Idk what yall need outside QB but I've would've taken Carter and moved pieces later if need be then took Hooker in the 2nd. This pick was a hail mary and he's not gonna play next yr when they could be top 5 bad again lol
Same thing with Trey Lance. Reminds me of nba gms with Dante Exum and Ricky Rubio. Drafting potential based in a small sample size and highlight reels

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Running backs play for three years and fall off. You must be new to the game, sweetie.
Bijan isn’t your average RB toots. Dynamic not just in the backfield but can line up at slot. The best of the best with that type of pedigree usually last longer than your three years barring injury.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When people have to rely on clichés like “the running back position… Blah blah “I wonder if they are actually watching the running back in question. You know he’s practically a good slot receiver, as he is a running back, right?

I don’t think you know much about HIS attributes as you do cliche talk about the postion. he is a running back who happens to be just as good a receiver as most receivers. He didn’t drop a single pass in 2022 . He’s going to stay on the field. Barkley was never that so who are you comparing him to? He’s more Marshall Faulk. Breece hall.
Breece Hall hasn’t proven anything yet and Marshall Faulk 1) didn’t elevate the Colts when he was there and 2) saw success with the Rams because of QB play and creative offensive sets for the time and 3) whatever Faulk did in 20 years ago isn’t applicable to the NFL in 2023 because the landscape of the league has changed.

All of this to repeat: bookmark this and let’s see where we’re at in 5 years.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
When people have to rely on clichés like “the running back position… Blah blah “I wonder if they are actually watching the running back in question. You know he’s practically a good slot receiver, as he is a running back, right?

I don’t think you know much about HIS attributes as you do cliche talk about the postion. he is a running back who happens to be just as good a receiver as most receivers. He didn’t drop a single pass in 2022 . He’s going to stay on the field. Barkley was never that so who are you comparing him to? He’s more Marshall Faulk. Breece hall.
Idk. I still wouldn't draft Gibbs and Bijan that damn high. But they aren't RBs in a traditional sense. If the lining up at WR, it's a whole nother dynamic to your offense to make big plays consistently.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Home of the uncle Kenny’s
I'm really curious to see Will Anderson. Cuz I don't get the hype at all. I think he's highly overrated

Overrated no, way more hype yes, but will was playing the role of focus/space eater so his stats won’t show up, in a system where he can get after the qb he gon shine
Josh Allen wasn't either.

If coached up, he can be a monster
People prognosticate but a lot of qbs are projects
He looked to be a generational player as a soph...he wasn't as dominant as a jr

I think Bama players make good players in the league, but I just don't see them producing HOFers the way the U did in the early 90s & 2000s
Being a hof is so hard, but on the pod we talked about the last time you seen a generational talent and how often one comes

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Need Richardson to be good just for Black QBs as a whole. We are slowly becoming the standard :mjgrin: and these cac QBs hyped by talkin heads as mouthpieces for agents ain’t working no mo

Film don’t lie.

Richardson isn’t good at this point in his career either but I’d rather take a chance on him than Levis cause you can’t reach 6’6 240 with the ability to outrun a defense. Plus, at least Richardson has the excuse of not playing as long, Levis was in college a long ass time and still never became that elite QB that people thought he’d turn into.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I'm really curious to see Will Anderson. Cuz I don't get the hype at all. I think he's highly overrated

He’s gonna be a better pro than college player imo, sometimes he was playing out of position dropping into coverage, also he had a heavy workload because he was the ONLY player with a consistent pass rush on the defense last year.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Breece Hall hasn’t proven anything yet and Marshall Faulk 1) didn’t elevate the Colts when he was there and 2) saw success with the Rams because of QB play and creative offensive sets for the time and 3) whatever Faulk did in 20 years ago isn’t applicable to the NFL in 2023 because the landscape of the league has changed.

All of this to repeat: bookmark this and let’s see where we’re at in 5 years.
Just say you don’t know anything about his attributes as a player because

1. You brought up barkley
2. Cliche about Rbs

Nothing you said in this or the prior post speaks about Bjons ACTUAL player attributes and talent, which leads me to believe you know zero about him.

Breece Hall lead the NFL in plays over 20 yards before he got hurt several of which was from the slot. There’s a difference between
Me, saying, being used like Marshall Faulk, and calling someone Marshall Faulk. You know zero about Bijon two straight posts

Here’s some help. Its called film.

I don’t do pretend football talk

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just say you don’t know anything about his attributes as a player because

1. You brought up barkley
2. Cliche about Rbs

Nothing you said in this or the prior post speaks about Bjons ACTUAL player attributes and talent, which leads me to believe you know zero about him.

Breece Hall lead the NFL in plays over 20 yards before he got hurt several of which was from the slot. There’s a difference between
Me, saying, being used like Marshall Faulk, and calling someone Marshall Faulk. You know zero about Bijon to straight posts.

Here’s some help. Its called film.

I don’t do pretend football talk

I don’t particularly care to get into the details of bijan’s skill set because of how RBs are employed at the nfl level.

Positional value is a real thing in the nfl draft and it routinely pegs the 1st round RB as overvalued.

We can up this thread in a few years and when I’m right you can dap me up.

:ehh:

NYC Rebel

Daps
I don’t particularly care to get into the details of bijan’s skill set because
You guys always tell on yourselves. Waste of time Posters pretending to speak on football and relying on corny clichés that get evolved around if you watch a sport long enough.

This guy can play wide receiver.

That is the skill set you are disregarding, opting for some lazy running back cliché.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Idk. I still wouldn't draft Gibbs and Bijan that damn high. But they aren't RBs in a traditional sense. If the lining up at WR, it's a whole nother dynamic to your offense to make big plays consistently.
He special. Him and Breece Hall are the two most complete running backs I’ve seen in college football the past five years.

They are chess pieces that you don’t have to take off the field. Anyone stuck on the “running back cliché” are not looking at the evolution of these guys are

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You guys always tell on yourselves. Waste of time Posters pretending to speak on football and relying on corny clichés that get evolved around if you watch a sport long enough.

This guy can play wide receiver.

That is the skill set you are disregarding, opting for some lazy running back cliché.

Ok so we'll see in a few years then

:ehh: