2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Hopefully we can get an OT and one of the few decent LBs left. Henley might be more realistic than Sanders or Simpson. Depends on how the FO feels about them though

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw a good write up on why the value of RBs in the top ten of the draft is immediately out of whack

He's immediately in the top 5 highest paid backs in the league just off his rookie contract.

The most a RB got in free agency was Miles Sanders coming off a great year and a Superbowl run. Bijan immediately gets more than him.

If a guy that good, isn't worth being retained by a team trying to win the Superbowl, what are the chances that a RB is gonna be worth more to a fairly bad team with a lot of holes?

If Bijan comes in and is one of the best and changes everything for the Falcons, then sure, I guess he's worth it, but it's a pretty huge risk
There’s almost a certainty that another RB from this class taken far later than Bijan Robinson will either outperform him or produce moderately similar to what he will. And that other RB would have cost significant less in draft capital.

The people here who think they know football don’t know about draft value and roster construction. Let’s suppose Bijan Robinson becomes the outright best RB in this draft class. Right? Great. Atlanta has the best RB from this group. How much better than the RB2 or RB3 does Robinson have to be to justify that opportunity cost at #8?

The answer is extremely better. So much better that such a gap has probably not been seen in decades or ever.

And by the way, for Atlanta…the team that ran the ball more than anyone last year? What moron saw that team play and thought RB was their shortcoming? It doesn’t even make sense from a positional need.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I can't unsee it

105226227-GettyImages-961548248.jpg
bro this shyt still got me dying

txJAc.gif