2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is not entirely true. the RBs were not the problem with those teams, in fact the RBs helped made them competitive, got them in the playoffs and/or helped the offense make that leap to the next level, for example CMC on the 9ers.

i don't like how RBs are getting buried now. a top RB is a game changer and if one is available you should take them if you need one. bijan is that guy and should open the offense with his gamebreaking running and catching.

now do the falcons have other needs that are more pressing? sure. but bijan was the safest pick and filled a need for them.
Yes.

PROVIDED YOU GET THE APPROPRIATE VALUE.

That’s the whole point of the draft.
You guys are all focused on ability and potential and not assessing value.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Yes.

PROVIDED YOU GET THE APPROPRIATE VALUE.

That’s the whole point of the draft.
You guys are all focused on ability and potential and not assessing value.
i personally think bijan is great value there, especially on this falcons team. if you don't think bijan is then maybe you just don't value RBs that much and that's all there is to it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They let him walk in FA. They signed Montgomery from Bears as replacement and drafted Gibbs yesterday to replace Swift

Another thing I like about it is neither back is gonna get run into the ground. I assume Montgomery will get the majority of run snaps but will always be fresh, with Gibbs reliably coming in. And some games they'll lean more on Gibbs. Plus Gibbs will be getting at least 5-10 receiving snaps. And both him and Montgomery can be on the field at the same time. Amazing.

We just need an X receiver now and this shyt will be a top 5 offense again. Goff was at his best when he had Gurley in LA and this is the closest we can get to replicate it.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Breece Hall hasn’t proven anything yet and Marshall Faulk 1) didn’t elevate the Colts when he was there and 2) saw success with the Rams because of QB play and creative offensive sets for the time and 3) whatever Faulk did in 20 years ago isn’t applicable to the NFL in 2023 because the landscape of the league has changed.

All of this to repeat: bookmark this and let’s see where we’re at in 5 years.
Hall ain’t no slouch and is a stud though,

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Breece Hall hasn’t proven anything yet and Marshall Faulk 1) didn’t elevate the Colts when he was there and 2) saw success with the Rams because of QB play and creative offensive sets for the time and 3) whatever Faulk did in 20 years ago isn’t applicable to the NFL in 2023 because the landscape of the league has changed.

All of this to repeat: bookmark this and let’s see where we’re at in 5 years.
Marshall Faulk who was the only thing the Colts had on offense for his first five seasons. Faulk who rushed for over 1k 4 of his 5 season in Indy? They made it to the AFC title game his 2nd year in the league and that's with having Jim Harbaugh at QB who was washed by then. He saw success w/ the Rams because he wasn't the primary focus on offense and wasn't seeing 7-8 in the box. He shouldn't be punished for having an innovative coach in Martz

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i personally think bijan is great value there, especially on this falcons team. if you don't think bijan is then maybe you just don't value RBs that much and that's all there is to it.
I don’t. And the history is on my side.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I saw a good write up on why the value of RBs in the top ten of the draft is immediately out of whack

He's immediately in the top 5 highest paid backs in the league just off his rookie contract.

The most a RB got in free agency was Miles Sanders coming off a great year and a Superbowl run. Bijan immediately gets more than him.

If a guy that good, isn't worth being retained by a team trying to win the Superbowl, what are the chances that a RB is gonna be worth more to a fairly bad team with a lot of holes?

If Bijan comes in and is one of the best and changes everything for the Falcons, then sure, I guess he's worth it, but it's a pretty huge risk

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
C
1 idk, having to play in a system full of option routes, and having time can stunt your mental growth, I’ll be interested to see how he reacts to getting sped up, and more often his first option is not there, and tighter windows
Bryce had to complete last year with no number one out wide and cheeks at the line, he was forced to have to make decisions under duress, he has a habit of holding that ball too long and that will get you folded he’s gotta know when to throw (to a wr or away) or run

2 bijan is that deal he can catch and run between the tackles, injuries slowed Barkley down but he’s still that nikka,

3 idk on jordan he was in a wr friendly offense and he was milk carton status, I’d have to ask @Silkk for his thoughts, but for him coming off 1500 to get 800 and 8 tds makes me say what was the disconnect? Especially given at Pitt nard dog was anti offense so him eating there was an anomaly
He was injured a couple games this season