2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
lol

He’s an outlier that’s gonna get other people fired :heh:
Dude is straight up not a good QB.

Gators fans hyped him up when he got there and said he needs to play more. When he got into games he would consistently disappoint and play like shyt and lose big games. I loved it as a seminole fan and I'll love it as a Jags fan too. :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: 904

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
There's no "value" in that range of the draft anymore. If you're not nice enough to go top 10 then you minus whale be a 2nd/3rd rounder :manny:
Meh. Rodgers went at 17.

Minnesota I definitely thought would pull the trigger

Typically cac QBs that are hyped up so go in the first round.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
He looked to be a generational player as a soph...he wasn't as dominant as a jr

I think Bama players make good players in the league, but I just don't see them producing HOFers the way the U did in the early 90s & 2000s
His athleticism just doesn't stan out to me. U better come off the ball like Von Miller in his prime if u going that high

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
His athleticism just doesn't stan out to me. U better come off the ball like Von Miller in his prime if u going that high

To be a successful edge, you need to have violent hands, play with leverage, and be fundamentally sound

The great ones either have unusual power, great bend or crazy speed

I wasn't shocked he ran a 4.6...he's a tough, fundamentally sound player that will be a 10-12 yr pro if he stays healthy

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Josh Allen wasn't either.

If coached up, he can be a monster
Problem is nobody with the # of games Richardson's played has gone that high or really been drafted. So Allen or nobody else is a good comp bc this hasn't happened before

Only positives are the combine and he tested higher than Stroud it's not the game tape since he's had so few games played

I was on the Stroud train early on I'll admit but Bryce was the safest pick and should end up better between the two. Richardson will either be the best QB in the draft and possibly league or Ballard's done in the NFL there's not much middle there

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Problem is nobody with the # of games Richardson's played has gone that high or really been drafted. So Allen or nobody else is a good comp bc this hasn't happened before

Only positives are the combine and he tested higher than Stroud it's not the game tape since he's had so few games played

I was on the Stroud train early on I'll admit but Bryce was the safest pick and should end up better between the two. Richardson will either be the best QB in the draft and possibly league or Ballard's done in the NFL there's not much middle there
Anthony Richardson is going to be trash. Every yr those GMs fall in love with a QBs athleticism. I remember when Joke Locker went 1st round just cuz he put up numbers at the combine. Had horrible accuracy his entire collegiate career. Malik Willis last yr.

Colts shoulda traded back and drafted Hooker in rnd 2

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I am happy with Gonzalez but damn the Seahawks won this first round draft,

Gonzalez got the best physical tools of any CB. I think the Pats got a potential legit shutdown CB.

Ravens getting Flowers is a W for them. I think he's gonna be a problem. I was hoping the Pats would pick him even at #14.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
1. CJ Stroud is a better prospect than Bryce Young
2. Bijan Robinson was a reach in the top 10. The fact is that running backs just don't move the needle like that for pro football teams. Fournette didn't do anything for the Jaguars. Barkley didn't do anything for the Giants. Those "generational" RBs aren't as generational as people think.
3. Jordan Addison, while undersized, has the skill to be the most impactful of those WRs, provided that he's used properly in the slot.
When people have to rely on clichés like “the running back position… Blah blah “I wonder if they are actually watching the running back in question. You know he’s practically a good slot receiver, as he is a running back, right?

I don’t think you know much about HIS attributes as you do cliche talk about the postion. he is a running back who happens to be just as good a receiver as most receivers. He didn’t drop a single pass in 2022 . He’s going to stay on the field. Barkley was never that so who are you comparing him to? He’s more Marshall Faulk. Breece hall.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
btX2TBE.png

Lions might have something here ... Butckus winner in college, his tape looks good

dude might be a beast lowkey

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Need Richardson to be good just for Black QBs as a whole. We are slowly becoming the standard :mjgrin: and these cac QBs hyped by talkin heads as mouthpieces for agents ain’t working no mo

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Anthony Richardson is going to be trash. Every yr those GMs fall in love with a QBs athleticism. I remember when Joke Locker went 1st round just cuz he put up numbers at the combine. Had horrible accuracy his entire collegiate career. Malik Willis last yr.

Colts shoulda traded back and drafted Hooker in rnd 2
Thing is they had full tape, Richardson's only got like 27 games total so there's some unknown that obviously Indy's ready to roll the dice on

Idk what yall need outside QB but I've would've taken Carter and moved pieces later if need be then took Hooker in the 2nd. This pick was a hail mary and he's not gonna play next yr when they could be top 5 bad again lol

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Josh Allen wasn't either.

If coached up, he can be a monster
The best thing to happen to Josh Allan was Brian Daboll. That dude won a playoff game with Daniel Jones who is quite easily one of the 10 worst quarterbacks in this league.

Like Daniel Jones is probably the 5th best player...for the Dallas Cowboys :mjlol: .

drifter

Superstar
Daps
btX2TBE.png

Lions might have something here ... Butckus winner in college, his tape looks good

dude might be a beast lowkey
He got the Kuechly seal of approval and Reich wants Luke on his staff so safe to say he would've went to CAR 100% if he was still on the board at 39

Need Richardson to be good just for Black QBs as a whole. We are slowly becoming the standard :mjgrin: and these cac QBs hyped by talkin heads as mouthpieces for agents ain’t working no mo
I hope he pans out too but like I said this was a hail mary and dude won't play at all the next few years, Indy could be picking top 4 again in the Caleb/Drake draft. They could've traded back got some extra stuff and still took him, at least then if he didn't work out you had some extra to fall back on

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The best thing to happen to Josh Allan was Brian Daboll. That dude won a playoff game with Daniel Jones who is quite easily one of the 10 worst quarterbacks in this league.

Like Daniel Jones is probably the 5th best player...for the Dallas Cowboys :mjlol: .

But got generational wealth now :dead: