2023 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Blake Griffin and Dwight Howard entered after Bron declined
For sure. But no Westbrook, no D Rose , no Ja, Ant, Zion

Could very much be it’s the kids who grew up watching bron decline so it’s just now coming to a head. Before bron it was unheard of. It’s a slow crawl.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop doing this man. Some of the greatest players ever played hard during this game. Miss me with this shyt.
If it's close at the end, they play hard (this has always been the case, even in the last few years). For the first 3 quarters? Nah.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Like I said game of telephone. Bron can do 100 things right but have a couple missteps and that’s what that new generation follows. Not even a direct effect but indirect.

Superfriend culture is on Bron and the way these nggas play is like they sacred to interrupt each other from scoring.

Dunk contest is a prime example. Before bron, Kobe Vince, tmac ,Jordan, etc all entered. Lebron declined and we ain’t had a star enter it since

Ive said this a bunch of times over the years. Bron bought this style of asg here. Before the 03 draft players took over, the game was never played like this. Go look at 03, 04, 05, 2006(when the pistons came out and shut the west down from scoring). Look how hard they played. 80s,90s and most 00s all star game were spectacles and must watch tv.

It definitely shifted when the banana boat crew became the faces of the nba.

Maybe the game changes back when Bron finally retires.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps

Luka realizin they'll have lost Brunson, Dinwiddie, Dorian and Kyrie with nothin to show for it but a 2nd round exit this season :mjlol:

Cuban gotta be the most overrated GM in sports. He been ass since the Dirk days he got lucky Dirk carried him then Sacramento and Phoenix dropped Luka off to em.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I think the problem with the ASG is with big contracts, these teams have a lot invested in the players and want them to be around for the playoffs. Same reason why there’s load management (I don’t blame the players for load management). What the players need to realize is participating in these events and putting on a show at the ASG can do even more for their brand than going to the playoffs and being eliminated in the second round.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Overreaction. This is not the pro bowl. Imagine never having these types of moments

Thats arguably the greatest all star game(2003) ever. We dont have those type of moments now. Smh.

That game is one of the reasons some of us still tune in. Hoping to see a game like that. The GOAT got nothing easy in his final asg.