Reppin
Carolina
People talking about hard games but never bringing up Xcom
lle6zki.png

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man, GoW, TLOU2, FFVII R were all AAA games that were just as fun to me and funner than shyt like Shovel Knight or Cuphead. I think people just unfairly lump all AAA games into one when making this distinction between fun games and AAA games. All AAA games aren't like Death Stranding and all indie games aren't these amazing bite sized games. Some of them are wack too.

Spiderman and Batman games are probably the closest thing to AAA games that aren't completely bogged down by story ( although Spiderman is really really close to it) and for as much as I like gow it is still not an easy pick up and start playing without cut scenes, puzzles and a bunch of back and forth stuff.

Same with FF7 RE although the chapter select function after beating the game plus new game plus is amazing and every game should do that.

Tlous2 although an great experience I'd never play single player again I've never been so ready for a game to end and simultaneously not wanting it to end. Wayyyyy to many scenes and cut scenes and things.

Hollow knight, dead cells, code cross, dragon marked for death, children of mortal, dex, and a ton others have just been amazing game playing experiences.

Shout out to astral chains for being a great double A gameplay experience though

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Many games were highly overrated this gen. I have a theory that sites like IGN (who does payola) gives games way higher scores than they deserve. Because to them, it helps generate more sales for the industry. Not that gaming is dying or anything. But they think they’re helping the industry by doing so.

Game journalist/reviewers are untrustworthy, and very biased, just as much as fanboi’s

OG Xbox wasn’t as ugly as people was making it out to be

This gen should’ve been the death of the Xbox division.

BOTW is not a groundbreaking game like Nintendo fans says it is. It does nothing that hasn’t been done before in gaming. Maybe new to the series but that bout it.

Last gen was better than this gen

Rechargeable batteries being frowned upon is a Sony fanboy thing. I prefer the rechargeable batteries. Those batteries last way, way longer, and you can just swap the batteries out. Ps4 gives you a short ass wire to charge the controller.

Life is Strange season 1 is better than some AAA games like UC4, RDR2 (i quit this game), and Gears 5. Resident Evil 7, and Watch Dogs 2 is better than these games as well.

Xbox game pass is a great idea. But the library is lackluster as a whole. Playstation game pass would be a thousand times better, and worth it.

As someone else posted. Fallout 4 is a great game. Some of the most fun I’ve had this gen.

Microsoft should’ve purchased Telltale games.

Quantum Break was better than Control.

GOW not having a Give Me God Of War Trophy is a travesty.

Outer Worlds is underrated

Most Open world games have either a bland, practically empty, or dead world. I prefer linear, or hub world.

TLOU2 is at least a top 3 game of the gen, will win goty in December, and people will still go out and buy part 3 no matter how much they say they won’t.

At this point. I don’t blame EA, and 2K for making the same exact game every year. If the customers love being finessed, then finesse them.

Old Assassins Creed is better than the new ones. Unity was very underrated.

Laura Croft gets less rootable as they milk these Tomb Raider games. Rise, and Shadow doesn’t live up to the original reboot.

i can think of more but i’ll stop here for now.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What difficulty did you beat it on?
Give me a challenge.

Difficulty levels don’t really matter. As the higher difficulty level only give the enemies more health and attack power.

The mechanics themselves were shallow, and didn’t offer the level of challenge/customization a souls game would.