2020/End of Gen controversial opinions thread

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
While I do think the GameCube's library does get underrated. And I think Metroid Prime is easily better than anything on the Switch atm. I do think the first-party content is debatable and depends on the person.

But what RPGs are you referring to specifically? Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are arguably the best games in the Fire Emblem franchise. And Tales of Symphonia which I never played so I can't comment too much on that. You can also add Paper Mario TTYD, but that is more of a cult classic IMO.

But the Switch right now has Xenoblade 1 + 2, Three Houses, Dragon Quest 11, YS VIII, and Octopath Traveler. If we include ports we also have the Witcher 3 and Tales of Vesperia. It definitely feels already that the Switch has a much stronger RPG catalog then the GameCube.

90% of those games are ports. What i'm saying is GCN has a more solid library regarding their own franchises over the switch currently. :yeshrug:

Octopath <<<< Baiten Kaitos
3 Houses <<< Radiance

Folks are still begging for these games.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
good thread :leon:

some great points being made

I’m not getting my pockets raped this gen

more than likely I’m only getting one console and sticking with that

and I need to be ultra picky about the games I purchase and not just rack up on mediocre games that waste away in my backlog cuz they cheap/on sale

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
While I do think the GameCube's library does get underrated. And I think Metroid Prime is easily better than anything on the Switch atm. I do think the first-party content is debatable and depends on the person.

But what RPGs are you referring to specifically? Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are arguably the best games in the Fire Emblem franchise. And Tales of Symphonia which I never played so I can't comment too much on that. You can also add Paper Mario TTYD, but that is more of a cult classic IMO.

But the Switch right now has Xenoblade 1 + 2, Three Houses, Dragon Quest 11, YS VIII, and Octopath Traveler. If we include ports we also have the Witcher 3 and Tales of Vesperia. It definitely feels already that the Switch has a much stronger RPG catalog then the GameCube.
playing through it right now and i think its a straight up classic. some of the best writing and art design ive ever seen in a game. got excellent reviews when it came out too

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Asian representation in Western games is TRASH
yhind42be7661.jpg

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
a lot of games i played last gen were way more fun outside of the main quests. most especially a couple that were hyped to hell and back