2020/End of Gen controversial opinions thread

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People talking about hard games but never bringing up Xcom
lle6zki.png
Man xcom was great, like really good... But the numbers and percentages was always blmad suspect for me.

80 percent chance to hit was more like a 65 90 was like a 80 it felt like...

But random 40's and 30's..... hitting All day

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man xcom was great, like really good... But the numbers and percentages was always blmad suspect for me.

80 percent chance to hit was more like a 65 90 was like a 80 it felt like...

But random 40's and 30's..... hitting All day
You're not playing XCom til you see a 100% shot get dodged :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Give me a challenge.

Difficulty levels don’t really matter. As the higher difficulty level only give the enemies more health and attack power.

The mechanics themselves were shallow, and didn’t offer the level of challenge/customization a souls game would.
:mjlol:
I'm starting to believe you actually didn't really play this game because this is absolutely false. Another day, another lie :laff:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Give me a challenge.

Difficulty levels don’t really matter. As the higher difficulty level only give the enemies more health and attack power.

The mechanics themselves were shallow, and didn’t offer the level of challenge/customization a souls game would.

Ehhh it's a bit more than that. How you fight enemies and have to approach certain battles is totally different than on the lower difficulties. Status effects drastically change things.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I enjoyed ME: Andromeda :yeshrug:
Red Dead is beautiful but boring as shyt
Sony has nuff exclusives better than the Witcher
Give me GOW over "skill" games where you can pull off 70 hit combos like DMC

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ehhh it's a bit more than that. How you fight enemies and have to approach certain battles is totally different than on the lower difficulties. Status effects drastically change things.
Status effects exist at all difficulty levels.

The mechanics didn’t change or challenge as you progressed through the game like a souls game would.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spiderman and Batman games are probably the closest thing to AAA games that aren't completely bogged down by story ( although Spiderman is really really close to it) and for as much as I like gow it is still not an easy pick up and start playing without cut scenes, puzzles and a bunch of back and forth stuff.

Same with FF7 RE although the chapter select function after beating the game plus new game plus is amazing and every game should do that.

Tlous2 although an great experience I'd never play single player again I've never been so ready for a game to end and simultaneously not wanting it to end. Wayyyyy to many scenes and cut scenes and things.

Hollow knight, dead cells, code cross, dragon marked for death, children of mortal, dex, and a ton others have just been amazing game playing experiences.

Shout out to astral chains for being a great double A gameplay experience though

I loved TLOU2, but that game is not replay friendly, playing through it on NG+, grounded ect, the Flashbacks, walking/talking and amount of cutscenes really bog it down once you’ve already seen it, great 1 time experience story wise but yeah, also annoying how when skipping a cutscene you get a loading screen that’s even longer lol

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many games were highly overrated this gen. I have a theory that sites like IGN (who does payola) gives games way higher scores than they deserve. Because to them, it helps generate more sales for the industry. Not that that gaming is dying or anything. But they think they’re helping the industry by doing so.

Game journalist/reviewers are untrustworthy, and very biased, just as much as fanboi’s

OG Xbox wasn’t as ugly as people was making it out to be

This gen should’ve been the death of the Xbox division.

BOTW is not a groundbreaking game like Nintendo fans says it is. It does nothing that hasn’t been done before in gaming. Maybe new to the series but that bout it.

Last gen was better than this gen

Rechargeable batteries being frowned upon is a Sony fanboy thing. I prefer the rechargeable batteries. Those batteries last way, way longer, and you can just swap the batteries out. Ps4 gives you a short ass wire to charge the contyroller.

Life is Strange season 1 is better than some AAA games like UC4, RDR2 (i quit this game), and Gears 5. Resident Evil 7, and Watch Dogs 2 is better than these games as well.

Xbox game pass is a great idea. But the library is lackluster as a whole. Playstation game pass would be a thousand times better, and worth it.

As someone else posted. Fallout 4 is a great game. Some of the most fun I’ve had this gen.

Microsoft should’ve purchased Telltale games.

Quantum Break was better than Control.

GOW not having a Give Me God Of War Trophy is a travesty.

Outer Worlds is underrated

Most Open world games have either a bland, practically empty, or dead world. I prefer linear, or hub world.

TLOU2 is at least a top 3 game of the gen, will win goty in December, and people will still go out and buy part 3 no matter how much they say they won’t.

At this point. I don’t blame EA, and 2K for making the same exact game every year. If the customers love being finessed, then finesse them.

Old Assassins Creed is better than the new ones. Unity was very underrated.

Laura Croft gets less rootable as they milk these Tomb Raider games. Rise, and Shadow doesn’t live up to the original reboot.

i can think of more but i’ll stop here for now.

agree with all of these, and it was me..Fallout 4 was fun as hell if you can look past the dated combat, it’s worth noting I never played NV or 3

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Status effects exist at all difficulty levels.

The mechanics didn’t change or challenge as you progressed through the game like a souls game would.

Nahhhh

The difficulty levels change the gameplay experience alot.

On the hardest level things change a ton and getting debuffs have extra mechanic debuffs side effects and even the one before that things change a ton and it's more than just way more health and hitting harder.

It's like aggression, hit stun, resilience, immunities and then some

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nahhhh

The difficulty levels change the gameplay experience alot.

On the hardest level things change a ton and getting debuffs have extra mechanic debuffs side effects and even the one before that things change a ton and it's more than just way more health and hitting harder.

It's like aggression, hit stun, resilience, immunities and then some
Iss juss hArdEr HITtiNG eNeMIes!

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I enjoyed ME: Andromeda :yeshrug:
Red Dead is beautiful but boring as shyt
Sony has nuff exclusives better than the Witcher
Give me GOW over "skill" games where you can pull off 70 hit combos like DMC
bro i wish this was an unpopular opinion, and people like me who prefer that style were the larger audience :mjcry: