2020/End of Gen controversial opinions thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Said nothing about brand loyalty. It’s just that “I’ll get it on PC” argument is dumb.
??

If you've got a good PC, then why buy an Xbox?

And give a better reason than the whole 'couch comfort' thing because believe it or not you can do that on PC too :mjlol:

Lets say I got a quality rig and setup - sell me an xbox. Maybe I'm missing something

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
??

If you've got a good PC, then why buy an Xbox?
You don’t have a good PC so why you keep saying this dumb shyt:comeon:

And give a better reason than the whole 'couch comfort' thing because believe it or not you can do that on PC too :mjlol:

Lets say I got a quality rig and setup - sell me an xbox. Maybe I'm missing something
Nobody wants to sell you anything breh.:mjlol:

You have the option to buy/play whatever hardware you want.

If Microsoft games inspire you to buy/upgrade your PC then that’s a good thingMicrosoft Flight Simulator is expected to produce $2.6 billion in hardware sales - VG247

Flight simulator is expected to generate billions in pc hardware sales.

That’s a good thing, don’t know how/why y’all try to spin it as bad

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At least 1 million Steam users game on a GTX 1060 which is more so or less the GPU equivalent in the X1X. The top 10 cards according to the Steam hardware survey chart are more than adequate enough to run any current gen game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You don’t have a good PC so why you keep saying this dumb shyt:comeon:

Nobody wants to sell you anything breh.:mjlol:

You have the option to buy/play whatever hardware you want.
How do you know what I do or don't have? and does it even change my argument? I been pointing people towards overstock since last year.

I'm asking because maybe I'm missing something.

If you've got a good PC, is there a point?
At least 1 million Steam users game on a GTX 1060 which is more so or less the GPU equivalent in the X1X. The top 10 cards according to the Steam hardware survey chart are more than adequate enough to run any current gen game.
All I got is a GeForce RTX 2060 and that shyt is LIGHT compared to what my friends are doing. Still makes all the console stuff seem mid across the board with a few exceptions here and there though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How do you know what I do or don't have? and does it even change my argument? I been pointing people towards overstock since last year.

I'm asking because maybe I'm missing something.

If you've got a good PC, is there a point?
So if you have one then just play the damn games.:dahell:

You’re asking a dumb question that nobody ever tried to convince you otherwise.

You got a good computer and don’t want to play on a console then don’t buy one:manny:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:yeshrug:I can definitely agree on some of Nintendo complaints and few others. But the thing I really don't like is how they deal with old games in the catalog. They refer back to them but barely make the attempt to preserve them & punish anybody who tries to do it.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horizon, while really good, isn’t as good as a lot of the other exclusives like GOW, U4, TLOU ect....it did a lot really well, but I though the characters/story were boring in places.

Fallout 4 was a great game

I think the combat in Spiderman is better than Arkham (Arkham City is still the best game tho)

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
For the past 8 months , the amount of shovelware titles being released has been absurd.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also think games nowadays try super hard to make you "feel something" or have a message or be super deep or introspective and just aren't as fun as back in the day when games usually tried to be fun 1st and tell a story second unless it was a rpg or something.

10000%

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont think BOTW is all that great, so far.

*clenches fist*

actually lemme just give my hot take instead

I sincerely believe it’s the best game ever. EVER.

best summary I seen of this game in one line is “it’s the reason why people play video games”

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
very unpopular but god of war this gen was a step back from the og games for me and kind of represents a lot of the problems i have with modern game-making.

I felt the same about god of war. I never felt like a “GOD” of anything in that game. I was just a dude running around with his son.

I couldn't get into God of War. Game is incredibly overrated to me.

may god bless you gentlemen :salute::salute::salute:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the combat in Spiderman is better than Arkham (Arkham City is still the best game tho)

it absolutely is

I played arkham knight the other night after getting hyped off the suicide squad game trailer plus the batman movie trailer...the combat now feels lackluster