2020/End of Gen controversial opinions thread

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Ascension proved that people were tired of the formula. It had to change, and the results showed that many welcomed it. Resistance to change leaves you left behind in way too many cases.
i dont think the problems people had with ascension were the core gameplay and combat. more the eh story. i also felt like they had gotten all they could’ve out of the ancient greek setting.

but then even with the combat, it was worse in ascension than in god of war iii. they made it way too simple.

i actually really liked the decision to move it to a nordic setting (although id been hoping ever since i was a kid for an ancient egyptian). if they did a game with combat closer to GOW III with jumping and a focus on combos in a Nordic setting it wouldve been one of my favorite games of the gen.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol, this guy displaying an awful opinion like it's a fact

Multiplayer this gen is way better than last gen and I dislike fortnite

Fortnite, Apex, Warzone, Fall Guys, DBD shuts on every online component from last gen
During the PS3~360 gen we got:

Gears 1~3
Halo 3, 4 and Reach
Modern Warfare 1/2, BLOPS
Uncharted 2
Battlefield BC 2 and BF3.
L4D 2
Killzone 2

This gen? Gears 4~5 were good but they were a bit mild sauce
Halo MCC is basically a remaster of old games
Killzone Shadowfall was boring
COD was pretty trash though BLOPS 4 and MW is ight
UC4 MP isn't as good as 2
BF had some trash releases(BF Hardline)

Them battle royale games boring as hell :snooze: Couldn't really get into none of em.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps

Gears 1~3
Halo 3, 4 and Reach
Uncharted 2
L4D 2
Killzone 2

Them battle royale games boring as hell :snooze: Couldn't really get into none of em.

Fortnite is or was better than half them games in online.

CoD, halo, BF at the end of the day were all the same.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Gears 1~3
Halo 3, 4 and Reach
Uncharted 2
L4D 2
Killzone 2

titanfall-cover-i16361.jpg

header.jpg

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Everything this gen is focused on online so of course it'll be better than last gen where they looked at online as an afterthought
I wouldn't even say that. I think the online modes are more pallatable and broadly deliverable, but look at Halo 3 and compare that lobby/matchmaking to basically all of the shooters we have today.

The infrastructure, tic rates, and connections are better. The plug and play is faster than ever. But when it comes to anything that properly matches players, keeps playlists full, tracks and offers good information to players, etc.... the industry just doesn't really do it anymore.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Xbox was a mistake. There is literally no reason to purchase the only console that doesn't have a sizeable number of exclusives. None

Imagine arguing "we get the same third party games so it doesn't matter"

why wouldn't you want RDR2, RE2 Remake, GTA V......AND GoW, FF7, HZD? I've seen some poster say something like that and it just doesn't make any sense

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The GBA/DS had more interesting games than the switch. There is barely anything on Switch that really screams lemme buy this console and this game.

Gamers are spoiled by directs and consistent access to information, when a game comes out, Folks are already ready for the next one. They aren't savouring what they got. But it's not totally on them, the games are shallow.

In addition, games, especially open world games, lack meaningful and rewarding content. BOTW has all these dungeons, but you really don't even need to do them all or even any and they don't vary that much.