2020/End of Gen controversial opinions thread

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I couldn't get into God of War. Game is incredibly overrated to me.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. Seems game devs are in a competition to see who can Make the best movie:francis:

Most of the top reviewed games are just not for me. They have to be too shallow in gameplay and universal in appeal to achieve those scores.

I’m a ~80 MetaCritic type gamer.

So I guess my controversial opinion is games in the 70-80s on MetaCritic are better than the 90s :ehh:
I guarantee you if Microsoft was making those highly rated single player game “movies” that Sony makes youd be jizzing over yourself nonstop :mjlol:

Xbots worship games like Battletoad and Grounded yet want us to think they hate TLOU2 and God of War :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guarantee you if Microsoft was making those highly rated single player game “movies” that Sony makes youd be jizzing over yourself nonstop :mjlol:

Xbots worship games like Battletoad and Grounded yet want us to think they hate TLOU2 and God of War :russ:
Sony stans always wanna feel important:mjlol:

Sony isn’t the only ones making that style of game.

Why you always on here talking shyt? Don’t you got some amazing Sony exclusives to be playing? :mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Agree with OP except I'm happy for the X1X, it ran everything so much better, I'm not mad at it at all. I have 4K OLED, so I got maximum benefit.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
lol, this guy displaying an awful opinion like it's a fact

Multiplayer this gen is way better than last gen and I dislike fortnite

Fortnite, Apex, Warzone, Fall Guys, DBD shuts on every online component from last gen

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
lol, this guy displaying an awful opinion like it's a fact

Multiplayer this gen is way better than last gen and I dislike fortnite

Fortnite, Apex, Warzone, Fall Guys, DBD shuts on every online component from last gen
Eh

Devs are scared to even make real ranked/competitive lobbies these days

I getit

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Eh

Devs are scared to even make real ranked/competitive lobbies these days

I getit

Everything this gen is focused on online so of course it'll be better than last gen where they looked at online as an afterthought

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i still think consoles should have all had their own screens this gen. dockable but more akin to laptops than the switch

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Switch would have been better if they canceled the screen and used that money to make the console and controllers better quality.

Switch by far the worst console I’ve purchased

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I felt the same about god of war. I never felt like a “GOD” of anything in that game. I was just a dude running around with his son. That’s not why I play GOW, I felt like it tried too hard to be blood borne and all those super difficult as games. And I’m not a fan.

PlayStation dropped the ball by not including a UHD drive in their console.

MS gave me no reason to want their system

and MP only games From titles that made their name in SO like anthem and fallout 76 Were horrible ideas from the jump and I hope they lost money trying to make a half assed MMO.

loot boxes and pay to win is lazy and uncreative

Ascension proved that people were tired of the formula. It had to change, and the results showed that many welcomed it. Resistance to change leaves you left behind in way too many cases.