2020/End of Gen controversial opinions thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The GBA/DS had more interesting games than the switch. There is barely anything on Switch that really screams lemme buy this console and this game.

Gamers are spoiled by directs and consistent access to information, when a game comes out, Folks are already ready for the next one. They aren't savouring what they got. But it's not totally on them, the games are shallow.

In addition, games, especially open world games, lack meaningful and rewarding content. BOTW has all these dungeons, but you really don't even need to do them all or even any and they don't vary that much.
man, nah :russ:

if anything, the library is what's standing the switch up

switch has a dope library now. that narrative died years ago

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Mario Odyssey
Astral chains
Breath of the wild
Animal crossing
Paper Mario
Fire emblem 3 houses
Project octopath
Luigi mansion 3
Marvel ultimate alliance 3
Xenoblade chronicles 2

And that's off the top of my head
not even counting mario kart, smash, pokemon :hubie: star fox and metroid ain't even been teased yet either

switch doesn't have a premier shooter like that but they got all the other bases covered and then some

edit: if the switch could play destiny 2 :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not even counting mario kart, smash, pokemon :hubie: star fox and metroid ain't even been teased yet either

switch doesn't have a premier shooter like that but they got all the other bases covered and then some

edit: if the switch could play destiny 2 :wow:
That reminds me of Splatoon 2 which was sooo good. If the multiplayer online was better than game would be a hit

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Mario Odyssey
Astral chains
Breath of the wild
Animal crossing
Paper Mario
Fire emblem 3 houses
Project octopath
Luigi mansion 3
Xenoblade chronicles 2

Technically BOTW is a port of a Wii U game.

But you would have to replace that with ARMS.:ld:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Mario Odyssey
Astral chains
Breath of the wild
Animal crossing
Paper Mario
Fire emblem 3 houses
Project octopath
Luigi mansion 3
Xenoblade chronicles 2

People actually bought switches for AC/BOTW/SMASH for the most. Those other games are for people who already had switches. You should of put Pokemon. But compared to the other console listed, the switch doesn't have the same quality of strong games. But Tendo can pat themselves on the back, at least it's not the Wii-U

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We're headed to a gen with the least amount of innovation because all the money is going to frames and graphics.

I haven't heard one new idea for the future.
:why:

there's new brands of co-op all over the place, mmos have blended pve and pvp better than ever, shooters have adapted to battle royale and adaptable frameworks damn near overnight, rpgs and action games can barely be pulled apart, VR finally hitting its stride, indies are funded better than ever and can pick and choose what service/platform they want unlike ever before, etc

this gen ain't perfect, but its moved further in more ways than any other when it comes to gaming as a medium
People actually bought switches for AC/BOTW/SMASH for the most. Those other games are for people who already had switches. You should of put Pokemon. But compared to the other console listed, the switch doesn't have the same quality of strong games. But Tendo can pat themselves on the back, at least it's not the Wii-U
The Switch's library does laps around the Xbox man. The platform itself is weak but saying they ain't got games then getting subjective like ohnotreally is just being straight up unfair to it now. It was a very valid complaint before, but in that list they've got multiple game of the year level games

shyt, if you've got a quality PC then there's almost no reason to even own an Xbox at this point

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
A game with an unfinished story (MGS V) still managed to be better than any other game this gen.

What Kojima did in both MGS V and Death Stranding with online player connection is the most innovative integration of online possibilites in a singleplayer game since Demon's Souls.

If it weren't for the storytelling and world building The Witcher 3 would be a 6/10 game... at best. The combat is trash, after the first area the leveling system isn't in balance with your process at all, you can find a 1,000 different weapons and items you'll never have to use and that's on top of the endless glitches and technical issues frustrating your every move.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The Switch's library does laps around the Xbox man
:duck: switch is trash. Got like 3 games worth playing and those aren’t even that good.

Hardware is cheap trash and they just want to price gouge and over price you for everything.

fukk Nintendo, fukk that switch, and anybody who love it :pacspit:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This is the other dumb shyt. Most people don’t have a Strong enough PC and if you did and played Xbox games on it that’s good too.:stopitslime:
I said if

and if you good then this brand loyalty shyt is kinda pointless...
:duck: switch is trash. Got like 3 games worth playing and those aren’t even that good.

Hardware is cheap trash and they just want to price gouge and over price you for everything.

fukk Nintendo, fukk that switch, and anybody who love it :pacspit:
the switch got a library whether people want to accept it or not is on them

i said it was lackluster hardware before too. but that's not the whole story with any platform

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I said if

and if you good then this brand loyalty shyt is kinda pointless...
Said nothing about brand loyalty. It’s just that “I’ll get it on PC” argument is dumb.

the switch got a library whether people want to accept it or not is on them

i said it was lackluster hardware before too. but that's not the whole story with any platform
My switch collects dust. Mario was good. Zelda was great. Astrsal Chain was decent. Everything else was meh.

God damn controllers break, nothing ever goes on sale. 3rd party titles are janky. Nintendo’s whole approach is insulting.

They market those EShop games as “exclusives” then sell them for an arm and a leg, then a couple months later they show up cheap or even free on another platform with Nintendo still charging full price.

fukk em:manny: