154,000 low-income homes drop Internet service after U.S. Congress kills discount program — as Republicans called the program “wasteful”

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Feel like these companies will try to get it back. Y’all ever tried to willingly drop a cable/internet service? They will literally beg you to not do it. Man I went a few months without internet a few years ago and a Spectrum dude showed up to my house to get me to sign up. So many people dropping service will only hurt them.
There’s rescue funds available to each state for them to continue the service for their residents…

Guess which political party ended the program EARLY for the states they control?

Guess which political party won’t be continuing the program themselves….

:sas2:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Biggest ISP in Africa is Starlink owned by our favorite Boer :francis:

There was also another man made ISP network that was self made that i wanted to post before I was rudely interrupted...:comeon:

Zenzeleni Networks
In 2012, researchers from the University of Western Cape and a rural community in South Africa launched a solar-powered wireless community network called Zenzeleni Networks. The name means "do-it-yourself" in Zulu. The network is a low-energy, cheap mesh system that uses scattered devices instead of a central hub, which is more common in traditional telecom networks. The project's goals include putting telecommunications into the hands of the community, fostering economic growth, and enabling people to purchase goods and services they might not otherwise be able to afford.

:ehh:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
There was also another man made ISP network that was self made that i wanted to post before I was rudely interrupted...:comeon:

Zenzeleni Networks
In 2012, researchers from the University of Western Cape and a rural community in South Africa launched a solar-powered wireless community network called Zenzeleni Networks. The name means "do-it-yourself" in Zulu. The network is a low-energy, cheap mesh system that uses scattered devices instead of a central hub, which is more common in traditional telecom networks. The project's goals include putting telecommunications into the hands of the community, fostering economic growth, and enabling people to purchase goods and services they might not otherwise be able to afford.

You will continue to post one off as if that makes up for the collective remedy governments are supposed to provide for their citizens through their programs.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yes you are. You accused me of being a "rapid democrat" just because I want to see a bipartisan program that worked SUSTAINED. Now you're saying the program NEVER helped folk?

Just shut the fukk up, agent.

Man GTFOH bruh I aint even thinking about the politics behind the situation :what: YOU ARE...

I said we need to build our own idgaf about anything else... enough already...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Zenzeleni Networks

there's others for sure. But Starlink by far is the biggest.

was researching them when looking for my backup plan retiring in Africa.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
there's others for sure. But Starlink by far is the biggest.

was researching them when looking for my backup plan retiring in Africa.

Yeah figures elon have his own shyt back home and the govts just letting him do it...:francis: like there wasnt others to give him competition?

NYC Rebel

Daps
Yeah figures elon have his own shyt back home and the govts just letting him do it...:francis: like there wasnt others to give him competition?
Now you are an expert on understanding African governments. :krs:

You are just pretending as you go, Agent

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Here you are using stop gap ingenuity of people to make up for the absence of good governance in much of Africa and Republican cruelty in killing a good program.

fukk outta here, agent

You keep bringing up the republicans killing the program

SO WHAT ARE THE DEMOCRATS DOING TO HELP THE PEOPLE WITH INTERNET!?!?!

:francis:

NYC Rebel

Daps
I will. This has nothing to do with what Democrats would do in response. The program worked and the cruelty of Republicans killed it. And you are here to pivot because that is your Agent job.

I don’t give a fukk how big font you post. Republicans killed something that worked because they are cruel.

Republicans killed something because they don’t want a poor public that has access to information

Savvir

Veteran
Daps

SO WHAT ARE THE DEMOCRATS DOING TO HELP THE PEOPLE WITH INTERNET!?!?!

:francis:
On this specicifc topic:

Well, Democrat controlled states are using their rescue funds to continue the program...

Republican controlled states actually ended the program early... and wont be using rescue funds to continue it....

:yeshrug:

On general internet issues:

Democrats pushed bills requiring low cost internet options from ISP's....