154,000 low-income homes drop Internet service after U.S. Congress kills discount program — as Republicans called the program “wasteful”

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Current admin didn't do enough to protect the bill. Biden admin nor congress dems didn't fight hard enough. That's what he was voted in to do. That is what they were voted into do. Not fight for lsrael and Ukraine. This is what that "negotiation" with Republicans netted.
If y'all continue to reply seriously to this man after this, you're playing yourself. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m about is anti republican as it gets and as someone who has been without a home let alone an internet connection I never felt entitled to free internet.

I used public wifi and sat in library to handle my business. I don’t have a problem with this.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I’m about is anti republican as it gets and as someone who has been without a home let alone an internet connection I never felt entitled to free internet.

I used public wifi and sat in library to handle my business. I don’t have a problem with this.

It is when you consider the fact they hand over the farm for just about everything else but suddenly become Ebenezer Scrooge when it comes to having subsidies for poor people

It's fukkin 2024 FFS why is discounted Internet a BAD thing? Like gotdamn how is it wasteful?

Didn't the pandemic teach everyone that available internet is a basic necessity in the 21st century

Banking, school, a medical appointment or a job opportunity or learning new skills.

But nah fukk all that.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Someone who needs to contact their grandma who uses this program for their home phone….how does your scenario help them?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Current admin didn't do enough to protect the bill. Biden admin nor congress dems didn't fight hard enough. That's what he was voted in to do. That is what they were voted into do. Not fight for lsrael and Ukraine. This is what that "negotiation" with Republicans netted.
What should have been done legislatively to protect the bill?

“Fight hard” is vague. Let’s talk policy.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

r6zxbbk1n0881.jpg

You clearly are an agent and have never lived in Africa.

You simply don't get off code and make it plain obvious that you are a plant.

People are still engaging Agent 66 :mjlol:

The guy who doesn't know how American politics and government works, who is constantly asking remedial questions that posters have to explain to him

The guy who thought the last speaker of the house was a Democrat

The guy who thought America's population was in the BILLIONS

:heh:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
That internet services is very important for poverty living and even everyday working people who can barely pay 90 dollars or more for monthly internet access

This is very important for the kids in the community because the library isn’t open all night and even they have limited time limit for you to use..

Have no idea what’s going on in a lot of people minds who think cutting this out is a good idea

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

This is so ignorant

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will never understand this mindset of because I suffered through it everyone else must go through it mindset. Its the same thing that comes up whenever people start talking about student loan forgiveness. "I paid my loans so its not fair" like what kind of garbage ass mindset is that?

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
What I don't understand about this government is that whenever they want to pay for something no matter how unpopular they find a way.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Some people see government is an entity to uphold law and order. Other see it as a community of people leading with a common goal for the good of the people.
:lupe:
What is the point of govt? Redistribute wealth? Or keep schools open, power and trash going, hospitals operating, roads and bridge maintained, police and firefighters paid?
:skip:
What side are you on?
:ufdup:
Some would say internet is now infrastructure and should be accessible to all Americans.
:sas2: