14 year old boy arrested for bringing home made clock to school.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Breh, bottom line is police were called, police took him in, despite him informing multiple teachers that it was a clock. I can understand you giving him the side eye, and asking him about it, and taking the necessary precautions. But they didn't evacuate the students, so those teachers must've known that it wasn't really a bomb. And the police knew this also. "I knew it was him" like c'mon!!! Whether you think everyone should act like a bomb expert or not, this was handled poorly. And that was the initial point of everyone's outrage.
I get all that and agree it was handled poorly. But even if the kid said it was a clock, they still have to go through all the protocol. And yeah him being named Ahmed Mohammed played a part as well. But it is what it is. Nobody is going to stick up for us when we get pulled over for being black or questioned for being in a certain area where darker skin isn't prevalent in that said area. I like the kid, he has a bright future but just to flip the script- what if it was a bomb and it went off and lives are lost? The rhetoric would've been- and even here on the coli... "So a kid brings a device to school and says its a clock but in reality its a bomb but nobody checks the device and the authorities aren't called until its too late":what::snoop::damn:

-its a catch 22 imo.. there's no winners and there's no losers in all this if you ask me. Its all good now but what's the average joe, who's not an internet bomb expert like everyone is now, gonna react when he/she first sees the device with their very own eyes live in person?

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what's funny, aren't you kinda caping for White teachers and officers in this instance?
I asked does anyone know the races of all the parties involved? I got no anwser. Do you know?

Im black w/ a whole family of educators.

Are you saying only whites can be teachers?
@Poitier

Cynical Thoughts thinks that a black officer can't do his job under the doctrine of White Supremacy. Are you guys seeing this?

"The officer was Black, so you're moving the goalpost"
The assumed question was, why no one stepped in. You are assuming everyone is racist. So...Its a black officer right there, is he racist?

Is a black officer doing his job under white supremacy if that means pushing and supporting white supremacists?

Ill guess ill just have to anwser all your questions while you dodge and call for back up, huh?

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I asked does anyone know the races of all the parties involved? I got no anwser. Do you know?

Im black w/ a whole family of educators.

Are you saying only whites can be teachers?

The assumed question was, why no one stepped in. You are assuming everyone is racist. So...Its a black officer right there, is he racist?

Is a black officer doing his job under white supremacy if that means pushing and supporting white supremacists?

Ill guess ill just have to anwser all your questions while you dodge and call for back up, hug?
In many instances, yes it does. There have been black officers who've unreasonably killed black citizens. Hell, it might've a black officer who muttered "I knew it was him". Doesn't change what happened here was wrong.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'M stupid for pointing it out to you, yet a bunch of teachers, school administrators, and cops thought it was a bomb...:sas1:

And, why would the science teacher warn him not to show other teachers unless he know the less saavy would think it was a bomb? Briefcase, wires, you think a damned social studies teacher is going to look at all than and ID the components?

And, son, I fukk with electronics and PCs; maybe longer than you've been able to piss straight. I have a pretty good idea what the general public doesn't understand about both.

Or maybe the teacher knew everyone was a racist moron?

You've been fukking with electronics for that long, but yet woulda still thought it was a bomb? You really are stupid then:francis:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I'M stupid for pointing it out to you, yet a bunch of teachers, school administrators, and cops thought it was a bomb...:sas1:
Or maybe the teacher knew everyone was a racist moron?

You've been fukking with electronics for that long, but yet woulda still thought it was a bomb? You really are stupid then:francis:

Reading comprehension: go back and read what I wrote and stop trying to make yourself feel smart

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
the kid is an arab and a muslim.

They aren't that smart to begin with. And i wouldn't put it past one of them they're known for this stuff.

Don't know if this has been posted or not but :francis:

texas-muslim-student-clock.jpg

Does the picture of the clock change anyone's mind?

I gotta say.....it's annoying how this story brought out the inner bomb expert out of everyone on Twitter :aicmon:

People acting like that clock wouldn't make them do a double take......

"Look at that; it's clearly not a bomb......only an idiot would think it could be one"

Yeah, okay, :rudy:....'black woman in hindsight' ass nikkas

Because an middle eastern kid comes up to you with something that has wires it must be a bomb:aicmon:.
Do y'all know they can make bombs with liquids? Besides if he was tryna hit people up, it would be much easier to use a gun

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Because an middle eastern kid comes up to you with something that has wires it must be a bomb:aicmon:.
Do y'all know they can make bombs with liquids? Besides if he was tryna hit people up, it would be much easier to use a gun

It has nothing (to me at least) to do with him being middle eastern

Any kid walking near me with a ticking box that has wires and looks like that is gonna have me on alert.

But apparently everyone else on the coli has nerves of steel, is a forensic detective, while being completely unphased by stereotypes and always makes the smart, right, unbiased, rational decision. :mjlol:

I'll keep it a buck and anyone near me with that shyt is suspect

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
It has nothing (to me at least) to do with him being middle eastern

Any kid walking near me with a ticking box that has wires and looks like that is gonna have me on alert.

But apparently everyone else on the coli has nerves of steel, is a forensic detective, while being completely unphased by stereotypes and always makes the smart, right, unbiased, rational decision. :mjlol:

I'll keep it a buck and anyone near me with that shyt is suspect
That's because you let media and other people do your thinking for you. If someone is smart enough to make a bomb, I would think they're smart enough not to walk around with it in their hands

Daps
We spoke with Arman, who first denied using the n-word. But when we told him we had the video he said he never put an "r" at the end ... "I use that word and it's very much accepted in the black community."

When we told Arman that we hear him say, "f***ing knuckle-running, spear-chucking, monkey-ass looking motherf*****," he said, he was "purposefully racist," adding, "I just wanted to make him mad and sad. I'm Middle Eastern and Muslim and not KKK."

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dude...after-calling-t-o-all-types-of-nikkas.355647/

:sas2:

@ma3polo
but the coli said a-rab Muslims are people of color andk and our allies against white racism:usure:

Last edited:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
That's because you let media and other people do your thinking for you. If someone is smart enough to make a bomb, I would think they're smart enough not to walk around with it in their hands

Ok breh... I let "the media" think for me? :usure: the media perspective on this case is actually your side not mine... Try again though

All I said was that it looks fishy. If you disagree with that, fine for you. No one is mentioning that something that looks a little suspect like this probably should have stayed at home. That's the logical thing. Once he brought it to school they overreacted I agree, but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't have taken precautions at all.