10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I saw it differently :yeshrug: this was no masterclass, regardless who one had winning.

I know why you dislike Beterbiev and ok, fair enough, I guess it can be a valid reason to not like someone. Yeah I’m not happy with Kadirov’s involvment either. I’d think though that most of us on here are not fans of Kadirov, war crimes and hate crimes but still won’t put that whole package on Beterbiev like he’s the one doing them.

Bivol on the other hand put hands on his ex-wife not just guilty by affiliation. Is he really the good guy compared to Beterbiev?

The event itself was held in a medieval dictatorship (well, absolute monarchy…) to begin with where women are secind rate citizen and they still execute people over things like “witchcraft” and offending a religion. Boxing and most sports are corrupted and dirty from top to bottom, idk why Beterbiev’s affiliation has to be singled out.
More has been made regarding Beterbiev and my disdain. I view boxing matches with neutrality as far as that goes. I’m not a fan of individuals, I see each bout on its merit.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I saw it differently :yeshrug: this was no masterclass, regardless who one had winning.

I know why you dislike Beterbiev and ok, fair enough, I guess it can be a valid reason to not like someone. Yeah I’m not happy with Kadirov’s involvment either. I’d think though that most of us on here are not fans of Kadirov, war crimes and hate crimes but still won’t put that whole package on Beterbiev like he’s the one doing them.

Bivol on the other hand put hands on his ex-wife not just guilty by affiliation. Is he really the good guy compared to Beterbiev?

The event itself was held in a medieval dictatorship (well, absolute monarchy…) to begin with where women are secind rate citizen and they still execute people over things like “witchcraft” and offending a religion. Boxing and most sports are corrupted and dirty from top to bottom, idk why Beterbiev’s affiliation has to be singled out.
None of the politics have anything to do with why people are calling this for what it is, the wrong decision was made and everyone knows this.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I think arguing what constitutes a robbery is lame, it's all up to whom and how we view fights end of day. Anyway, every poll I've seen has bivol winning overwhelmingly , including fighters, media, turki himself etc. It's not silly to call this a robbery given all of that.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Pat you still won’t adress the pro boxers community and how they’ve all said otherwise re winning the fight?
I'm not addressing that..I'm addressing YOU...i told you were going to get pressed if you were wrong :heh:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I'm not addressing that..I'm addressing YOU...i told you were going to get pressed if you were wrong :heh:
@patscorpio What I got to do with it? :russ: .

That Kingston piff had you so sideways you didn’t see the sonning? Man danced the entire geometrics of the square (perhaps the most underrated pugilist attribute), whilst simultaneously delivering so many hooks and power shots to the jaw that Artur’s own corner were bombed out and depleted at the halfway mark, let alone the end of the fight.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Another takeaway from this fight is that defence and boxing prowess goes unrewarded these days.

Or more to the point, if you fight forwards, and forwards only, and punch, you will be more rewarded than in days gone by.

In amateurs you are rewarded for any punch that lands; irrespective if it’s blocked. In pros it has always been to reward only clean shots that hit flush, not blocked shots.

That clearly isn’t the case anymore.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@patscorpio What I got to do with it? :russ: .

That Kingston piff had you so sideways you didn’t see the sonning? Man danced the entire geometrics of the square (perhaps the most underrated pugilist attribute), whilst simultaneously delivering so many hooks and power shots to the jaw that Artur’s own corner were bombed out and depleted at the halfway mark, let alone the end of the fight.
Next time show beterbiev his respect when his next fight comes around and predict with your brain instead of your heart...you too @NormanConnors lol