10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I’m saying one thing, you’re saying another, I’d be hard pressed to see how thats unusual?

You’re running one narrative (apparently it was a good decision), whereas I’m running the widely accepted version (that it was a terrible decision.)

I’ll keep refuting it while you post shyt to back the decision up, that’s how it works?

Apparently that’s emotional these days lol.

@Suspicious Dingo still hurt because I pulled them up for shytting on Andrade for taking a difficult fight. Don’t think I don’t see these motives 😂.
This is why I said you're emotional :heh:

Look below

Take your Bivol glasses off bro lol. You're looking just as bad as the Spence stans during their prime :heh:

You can't even admit this fight was close (which it was) & if someone thinks Bivol won 7-5 I'm not mad at all because that's what kind of fight this was with swing rounds across the board accept the last 3. But to act like this was some boxing lesson & robbery like Emanuel Augustus vs Emanuel Burton is ridiculous & shows your own bias lol

You're not even reading what I've been posting from when the decision was announced & this was right after lol. I've been saying I would be more than fine with Bivol winning 115-113 or a draw but you've been so in your feelings you skipped or forgot about that. That's the "one narrative" I've been consistent with while you & many others were crying robbery

And I meant Courtney Burton above but I was at a get together drinking :lolbron:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
This is why I said you're emotional :heh:

Look below

You're not even reading what I've been posting from when the decision was announced & this was right after lol. I've been saying I would be more than fine with Bivol winning 115-113 or a draw but you've been so in your feelings you skipped or forgot about that. That's the "one narrative" I've been consistent with while you & many others were crying robbery

And I meant Courtney Burton above but I was at a get together drinking :lolbron:
Still not sure re emotions, apparently if you have a strong opinion that is widely considered, but alternate to another, it's emotional:russ:.

If you're only capable of calling someone emotional in debate, that's usually a sign of being contrite, or lacking some fundamental elements required for good discourse. Being discordant and opinionated doesn't mean you're emotional, I've consistently said it was a Bivol win, I've backed up why. You've pitter pattered between saying it was an obvious Beterbiev win, and now you're saying you're fine with a Bivol win. You're full of shyt lol. Make it make sense, you're all over the shop. That's fine, but it's been inconsistent and you know it. I could go back and break all the discrepancies down, but that's for internet losers to do.

One glaring omission made by a lot of 'aficionados' is that when boxers with different styles square off, there's an added element of which one is going to embarrass the other ones style, or make the other one look redundant or overrated.

The one that pieces the other one up and doesn't get hit is both the fight/match winner, but also the victor in the psychological victory, you've shown you can dismantle the other one and tag their face up. I'm not sure if you box, or have boxed? But this aspect is often clearer for those that do, or have. That's what happened in that fight. That's as much as why Bivol should feel extremely despondent in the incorrect decision, but he still goes home knowing he beat him in the latter aspect.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Still not sure re emotions, apparently if you have a strong opinion that is widely considered, but alternate to another, it's emotional:russ:.

If you're only capable of calling someone emotional in debate, that's usually a sign of being contrite, or lacking some fundamental elements required for good discourse. Being discordant and opinionated doesn't mean you're emotional, I've consistently said it was a Bivol win, I've backed up why. You've pitter pattered between saying it was an obvious Beterbiev win, and now you're saying you're fine with a Bivol win. You're full of shyt lol. Make it make sense, you're all over the shop. That's fine, but it's been inconsistent and you know it. I could go back and break all the discrepancies down, but that's for internet losers to do.

One glaring omission made by a lot of 'aficionados' is that when boxers with different styles square off, there's an added element of which one is going to embarrass the other ones style, or make the other one look redundant or overrated.

The one that pieces the other one up and doesn't get hit is both the fight/match winner, but also the victor in the psychological victory, you've shown you can dismantle the other one and tag their face up. I'm not sure if you box, or have boxed? But this aspect is often clearer for those that do, or have. That's what happened in that fight. That's as much as why Bivol should feel extremely despondent in the incorrect decision, but he still goes home knowing he beat him in the latter aspect.
You're still being emotional :heh:

And you're clearly not comprehending or paying attention to anything I've posted lol. My first post that I quoted & showed you said right after the fight that I was ok with either winning by that margin or a draw. You're in here making up shyt to justify your emotional outbursts & opinions challenging anyone that's different from yours. Add the fact that after the dust settled, people are realizing the fight was closer than they originally thought & are backing off the robbery talk

At this point, you're grasping at straws & being emotional because your dude lost. And this is getting ridiculous with this back & forth because you're going to die on this hill & I'm pretty much done with the exchange on this with you lol

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
You're still being emotional :heh:

And you're clearly not comprehending or paying attention to anything I've posted lol. My first post that I quoted & showed you said right after the fight that I was ok with either winning by that margin or a draw. You're in here making up shyt to justify your emotional outbursts & opinions challenging anyone that's different from yours. Add the fact that after the dust settled, people are realizing the fight was closer than they originally thought & are backing off the robbery talk

At this point, you're grasping at straws & being emotional because your dude lost. And this is getting ridiculous with this back & forth because you're going to die on this hill & I'm pretty much done with the exchange on this with you lol
Fine, agree to disagree. Fwiw Bivol isn’t my guy, nor is Beterbiev, I watch boxing for boxing. I’m capable of separating the sport in this sense, many aren’t. What I talked about earlier is what made this an interesting fight; which style would be supreme, and after the fight it was evident. Bivol gave Beterbiev the ether.

Nascimento

swohz
Daps
Bivol picked his spots and landed big shots and a variety of combos. You gotta hand it to him, that's beautiful boxing to behold against such opposition. But the rest of the time between, he was getting pummeled. It doesn't help like others mentioned that highlight replays only showed Bivol, and the useless announcers that add nothing of value and only distract from the action were clearly for Bivol. Even after clear Artur rounds. You'd see a shot that hurt Bivol and wanted a replay to see just how bad but again, Bivol highlights. Yes Artur was hitting Bivol's guard, but some did get through, and still others did damage nonetheless. It's not easy to tell especially watching a broadcast and it's arbitrary what you count as scoring. So depending on how you see it, there you have the key to who gets the decision in the end. Now you can call this supreme ether from Bivol but you're gonna sound dumb.

rico_ens

Pro
Daps
Im glad they aint give the decision to bivol that amateurish style of boxing is killing the sport. Imagine giving all 4 belts to a nikka who was backpeddling 95% of the fight landing pity pats nah this the hurt business.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Bivol picked his spots and landed big shots and a variety of combos. You gotta hand it to him, that's beautiful boxing to behold against such opposition. But the rest of the time between, he was getting pummeled. It doesn't help like others mentioned that highlight replays only showed Bivol, and the useless announcers that add nothing of value and only distract from the action were clearly for Bivol. Even after clear Artur rounds. You'd see a shot that hurt Bivol and wanted a replay to see just how bad but again, Bivol highlights. Yes Artur was hitting Bivol's guard, but some did get through, and still others did damage nonetheless. It's not easy to tell especially watching a broadcast and it's arbitrary what you count as scoring. So depending on how you see it, there you have the key to who gets the decision in the end. Now you can call this supreme ether from Bivol but you're gonna sound dumb.
This fight was somewhat similar to Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano (except Bivol wasn't lit up like Taylor was in one of the first half rounds.)

One fighter threw more shots and had a few good rounds, the other fighter picked their combos and got out, landed much cleaner with the effective scores and obvious shots. Traditionally the judges are supposed to reward clean, power shots more than blocked shots or muffled shots.

Some people favour aggression over scoring, a 15 year old me would have thought Beterbiev won perhaps. That says it all really.