10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I think the 116-112 card is what amplified the fall out.

The whole energy of the fight with AB corner even saying you need a KO to win + how he looked pissed at the 12 while Bivol was hyped post fight + the shock cheese energy in his victory SPeech is the energy of a gift lol

IMO i think most people feel Draw or Close Bivol win, but you got folks saying Bivol was running etc to make it sound like AB was the obvious winner
I'm hearing way more people saying Bivol was robbed then the latter which is distorting an otherwise damn good fight. This was a close fight that could've went to either or could've been a draw. I think the ESPN broadcast influenced people way more than they wanna realize

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I think the 116-112 card is what amplified the fall out.

The whole energy of the fight with AB corner even saying you need a KO to win + how he looked pissed at the 12 while Bivol was hyped post fight + the shock cheese energy in his victory SPeech is the energy of a gift lol

IMO i think most people feel Draw or Close Bivol win, but you got folks saying Bivol was running etc to make it sound like AB was the obvious winner
Plenty of trainers have said that to their fighter when it wasn't necessarily the case. Hell Bomac told Crawford that Porter was up in their fight and he needed a KO to win otherwise he might lose on the cards when the judges all had Crawford up 5 rounds to 4(including mine), and Crawford had all the momentum in that fight going forward even if it would have went to the cards he would have won a fairly comfortable decision. Trainers say that to their fighters bro, nothing new won't be the last time. It's not a bad tactic, never let your fighter take their foot off the gas and think they have a fight in the bag which Bivol learned Saturday. He should have never have up the 11th and 12th(arguably the 10th as well) because it was a close fight. It's never a good look to end a fight getting backed up and wailed on no matter how good you did in the front half of the fight(which was also close).

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Plenty of trainers have said that to their fighter when it wasn't necessarily the case. Hell Bomac told Crawford that Porter was up in their fight and he needed a KO to win otherwise he might lose on the cards when the judges all had Crawford up 5 rounds to 4(including mine), and Crawford had all the momentum in that fight going forward even if it would have went to the cards he would have won a fairly comfortable decision. Trainers say that to their fighters bro, nothing new won't be the last time. It's not a bad tactic, never let your fighter take their foot off the gas and think they have a fight in the bag which Bivol learned Saturday. He should have never have up the 11th and 12th(arguably the 10th as well) because it was a close fight. It's never a good look to end a fight getting backed up and wailed on no matter how good you did in the front half of the fight(which was also close).

It's been forever since Bud Porter so my memory could be shot but I could have sworn they legit had Porter up until Bud went kill mode with the kd

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I'm hearing way more people saying Bivol was robbed then the latter which is distorting an otherwise damn good fight. This was a close fight that could've went to either or could've been a draw. I think the ESPN broadcast influenced people way more than they wanna realize
Id argue that most people who are saying that Bivol was robbed is because if you award anything else than a Bivol win or a draw then it's manifestly unjust. On paper, on eyesight, on knowing what a blocked shot is, on knowing what a power shot is, on knowing what a clean counter punch is.

I'm just being real. Don't come back with some ol bullshyt like 'you sound like a scorned women' rah rah.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Id argue that most people who are saying that Bivol was robbed is because if you award anything else than a Bivol win or a draw then it's manifestly unjust. On paper, on eyesight, on knowing what a blocked shot is, on knowing what a power shot is, on knowing what a clean counter punch is.

I'm just being real. Don't come back with some ol bullshyt like 'you sound like a scorned women' rah rah.
More & more are speaking out saying exactly what @patscorpio & I said & some others here said; it was close fight that could've went to either or been a draw. You're less emotional than yesterday & the day before bro but are still standing & will die on that hill lol. You still can't come to terms that it was a close fight

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Artur Beterbiev Beating Dmitry Bivol Was No Robbery

Controversy nearly always follows a close fight, particularly when it’s watched by a lot of people – as the verdict that favored Artur Beterbiev over Dmitry Bivol proved.

Let’s get this out of the way early: I scored the contest 115-113 for Beterbiev; I watched on a screen alongside three boxers and a broadcaster, all of whom were vocal, so my concentration was nowhere near as intense as those employed (and trained) to fill in the official scorecards; I have seen the fight only once.

Should I watch it again I wouldn’t be surprised, not even the tiniest bit, if my score changed. Certainly, I have no issue whatsoever with Bivol winning by the same margin, and I don’t believe the 116-112 tally for Beterbiev, handed in by Polish judge Pawel Kardyni, is as remotely outrageous as some educated people are making out. There were several ‘swing’ rounds, a term that means the round could have gone either way; one could even argue that most of the 12 were swing rounds given CompuBox stats reveal, in eight of the rounds, four or less punches was the difference between them.

However, for context here, let’s say there were only three. That means if you don’t have a strong opinion on who won those three rounds and can therefore understand why a judge – or that stranger with whom you’re squabbling on social media – might have scored them for either Beterbiev or Bivol, there’s a feasible six-point ‘swing’ from your card to theirs. To explain that further and taking my (completely unimportant) scorecard as an example, if you change three close rounds from Beterbiev rounds to Bivol rounds, the 115-113 for Artur becomes 116-112 for Dmitry. If there were more close rounds, and on this occasion, I believe there were, that potential for discrepancy becomes even greater.

Something else to consider is the view to which we’re privy. According to an impartial figure in Saudi Arabia, those who watched from one side of the ring preferred the work of Beterbiev and those who watched from the opposite side liked Bivol’s. That’s not unusual in a close encounter and is exactly why judges sit in different positions, with unique vantage points, at ringside. Furthermore, though some people are so wise and headstrong they couldn’t possibly be swayed by the opinion of others – like companions, commentators, analysts or the social media feeds that are repeatedly checked – plenty are, albeit subliminally. Considering there were three different outlets showing the fight in the UK alone, with each using different commentary teams, fans from all over the world would have heard a multitude of conflicting opinions.

It's not just what we hear or read, either. The replays at the end of seven of the 12 rounds focused only on Bivol, even though Beterbiev landed several punches in those rounds and threw more than his rival in 10 of them. It creates the illusion that the slicker Bivol has won the round the replays follow, when, in truth, his moments of success were cleaner and therefore easier for those in charge of those slow-motion replays to identify, and then edit, in a very short space of time. It follows that the commentators will then spend even more time talking about those passages of the fight. It can all play a part in our perception of the action. Additionally, when watching replays that did identify moments of success for Beterbiev, it was interesting to note how many punches that initially appeared to hit the gloves actually got through. Then consider the tiny proportion of his work we got to see in slow motion.

To be clear, this writing is not designed to change your opinion on who won because my opinion, much like yours, is far from definitive. I accept it could have gone either way while increasingly believing a draw might have been the fairest decision – considering the elite levels of skill and gameplay on display, it’s difficult to say either of them deserved to lose. It is for that reason, after a contest so plainly close, why it is surprising when certain observers scream robbery when official scorecards don’t match their own.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
More & more are speaking out saying exactly what @patscorpio & I said & some others here said; it was close fight that could've went to either or been a draw. You're less emotional than yesterday & the day before bro but are still standing & will die on that hill lol. You still can't come to terms that it was a close fight
It’s pretty straightforward.

If you think Beterbiev won that fight then you got dropped on your forehead as a kid.

Do you think Beterbiev won that fight?

Watch the cheerleaders ensue re politics or this or that.

It’s none of that,

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
It’s pretty straightforward.

If you think Beterbiev won that fight then you got dropped on your forehead as a kid.

Do you think Beterbiev won that fight?

Watch the cheerleaders ensue re politics or this or that.

It’s none of that,
Stop being an emotional dude & come to terms with this, it's corny & you're better than this. You've already made a fool of yourself the past few days lol

Just stop

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
If anything, you have to be mad at Bivol, he was up on everyone's cards heading into the 10th; well except the dude who had Beterbiev winning.

Even if dude is winning 6-3, which is the score one judge had going into the 10th, why give up 10,11 and 12. He lost it to himself imo. But to be fair I think he was either hurt, or exhausted, probably both due to the body shots. Had he won 1 of those rounds, the fight would've been a draw.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Stop being an emotional dude & come to terms with this, it's corny & you're better than this. You've already made a fool of yourself the past few days lol

Just stop
I’m saying one thing, you’re saying another, I’d be hard pressed to see how thats unusual?

You’re running one narrative (apparently it was a good decision), whereas I’m running the widely accepted version (that it was a terrible decision.)

I’ll keep refuting it while you post shyt to back the decision up, that’s how it works?

Apparently that’s emotional these days lol.

@Suspicious Dingo still hurt because I pulled them up for shytting on Andrade for taking a difficult fight. Don’t think I don’t see these motives 😂.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
I’m saying one thing, you’re saying another, I’d be hard pressed to see how thats unusual?
What's unusual is you saying the shyt over and over and over again, and getting your panties in a bunch whenever someone disagrees with you - it's been 4 days and you're STILL spiralling... you're up to 66 posts in this thread btw :mjlol:

@Suspicious Dingo still hurt because I pulled them up for shytting on Andrade for taking a difficult fight. Don’t think I don’t see these motives 😂.
My motive is more second hand embarrassment than anything else :lolbron:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
What's unusual is you saying the shyt over and over and over again, and getting your panties in a bunch whenever someone disagrees with you - it's been 4 days and you're STILL spiralling... you're up to 66 posts in this thread btw :mjlol:

My motive is more second hand embarrassment than anything else :lolbron:
😅. You keeping investigative tabs on a forum, don’t ’crash’ out 😂.

Nascimento

swohz
Daps
AB being disappointed or "acting like he lost" is him being accountable to himself, demanding more of himself, because he didn't knock out bivol or score decisively. Comes with being a champion.

AB thanking god is him being a humble devout muslim.

I don't expect losers to know much about these things.

Fight was great. Both men fought the right fight to the best of their ability and both left it all in the ring in a close fight. It's 12 rounds of boxing, not a contest of who lands the prettiest punch.

Frankly I'm not interested in a rematch. What's the point? I don't see anything for either to improve upon. People start yapping about rematches before the dust has settled. It's just an inability to be in the moment. Appreciate the greatness and move on. Sign of the times...

Anyway. It's easy to say go to the body more. You have to set it up and you have to take what your opponent gives, which in bivol's case wasn't much, and without leaving yourself too open. Bivol was ready to punish as soon as AB opened up. You can say bivol should be more active, clinch and not move back so much. Again, it's easy to say and harder to do.

They did their thing, I'm good.