$1 Million Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1 Billion?

$1M Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1B?

• $1M Guaranteed

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • $1B Coin Flip

Votes: 87 33.3%

• Total voters

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I'd take the coin flip option for a billion dollars just off the fact that it's enough money to have you and your family become and stay wealthy for at least 10 generations.

You can blow a million dollars in a night.

Plus, you have a 50% chance with the coin toss (which I won).

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So it looks like 2/3's of the Coli would take the $1M guaranteed.

:ohhh:

This has me questioning the idea that most of thecoli makes 100k to 300k a year:picard:

If you make 100k a year,you should scoff at the idea of a million. When you have a 50%chance at a billion. Making 100k a year,you could be close to a million in a decade with proper money management and being a minimalist.

lib123

All Star
Daps
This has me questioning the idea that most of thecoli makes 100k to 300k a year:picard:

If you make 100k a year,you should scoff at the idea of a million. When you have a 50%chance at a billion. Making 100k a year,you could be close to a million in a decade with proper money management and being a minimalist.

Facts.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

$100k a year isn't a ton of money though. I'd be very comfortable with $100k, but you gotta be out your damn mind if you think I'm scoffing at $1 million.:dwillhuh:

And who the hell wants to be a minimalist?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'd take the coin flip option for a billion dollars just off the fact that it's enough money to have you and your family become and stay wealthy for at least 10 generations.

You can blow a million dollars in a night.

Plus, you have a 50% chance with the coin toss (which I won).

And if you don't get the $1 billion you and your family are in the same 9 to 5 slave average joe position.

Or you can take the guarateed $1 million and pass houses down to your kids.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$100k a year isn't a ton of money though. I'd be very comfortable with $100k, but you gotta be out your damn mind if you think I'm scoffing at $1 million.:dwillhuh:

And who the hell wants to be a minimalist?

Im only saying scoff at it when the option to make a billion is on the table.

Because how hurt could you be about losing a million?When at 100K yearly you have the OPTION of getting somewhere close to a million in about a decade?Even if it might take extreme minimilism and discipline. For some people it might take nearly the remainder of their life to make a million. So I could see why they would jump at the chance to make a million.

Nobody wants to be a minimalist. But if you lost the coinflip you could choose to buckle down. Minimialize and get that million quickly enough

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
And if you don't get the $1 billion you and your family are in the same 9 to 5 slave average joe position.

Or you can take the guarateed $1 million and pass houses down to your kids.
I could realize that scenario as an average joe, but it'd just be further down the line.

99.99% of people wouldn't be able to sniff, or even fathom a billion dollars.

A lot of you in this thread aren't comprehending the distinction between 1 million and 1 billion [dollars].

$1,000,000 =purchase 2-5 homes [depending on where you want to set up shop], rent out the properties, and use the money earned to go towards the maintenence of the properties, all while still needing to [most likely] work a job of some sort. You pass down the property to your kids and hope they don't fukk it up, which is much easier to do because the vast majority of your wealth would be dependent on the housing market.

$1,000,000,000= *kicks up feet, rolls a blunt, scrolls through phone to set up a trip to St. Georges for 3 weeks on a Wednesday at 9:15AM with 900 million left after buying 3 homes and renting them out to some celebrities in Calabasas*

This should only be a debate if you are in IMMEDIATE need of money due to some catastrophic financial event.

Daps

This math doesn’t make sense. You won’t be anywhere close to a million cash after a decade of 100k.

Assuming the person saves nothing for retirement and lives in a state w/ no income tax, that take home is about 6k/ month or 72k/ year.

72k is a decent chunk of post-tax money. If the person has an absurd 50% savings rate, they’ll have 360k at year 10. Which is a good amount of money, but about 64% less than 1 million dollars.

Edit: you can invest it, but still probably won’t get close to the million in a decade under most reasonable assumptions.

Or to put this differently. The million is the instant equivalent to 30 years of a 100k salary and a 50% savings rate.

So even if a guy is a six figure earner, that million is probably gonna let them stop working in 5-10 years. I say all this because you don’t have to be down bad financially to prefer the guarantee of an early retirement and less stress than a 50/50 shot at more money.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
$1 million in my country is like $6 million + i can live off the interest alone so give that money and i'm set for life
kiGQsXr.png