$1 Million Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1 Billion?

$1M Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1B?

• $1M Guaranteed

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • $1B Coin Flip

Votes: 87 33.3%

• Total voters

lib123

All Star
Daps
If you already earning 6 figures, you aren't far off a million.

I'm flipping at those odds. I can live with walking away with nothing.

Some of y'all would take the guaranteed even if it was a 1000
:mjlol:

Lmao. Based on some responses, I could definitely see some brehs taking $100K guaranteed over 50/50 shot at $1B.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lmao. Based on some responses, I could definitely see some brehs taking $100K guaranteed over 50/50 shot at $1B.
Way i see it,
100K = you continue living your currrent lifestlye, but retire a few years earlier, maybe at 55 instead of 65. Or you get a new start, ie u pay off debts, move out of that small apartment into a nicer place. get a decent car.

1 million = life change, IE quit job, start your own venture, and live comfortably with a strong advantage in life. just don't take too many crazy risks where you end up losing it all.

1 billion = Life of luxury. you're done with the rat race at this point and all you have to do is hire the right accountants, financial advisors, and lawyers to manage your wealth and investments while you do whatever you want for the rest of your days.

I'd gamble the 100k vs the billy, but 1 mill a too much to pass on for a guarantee.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Way i see it,
100K = you continue living your currrent lifestlye, but retire a few years earlier, maybe at 55 instead of 65. Or you get a new start, ie u pay off debts, move out of that small apartment into a nicer place. get a decent car.

1 million = life change, IE quit job, start your own venture, and live comfortably with a strong advantage in life. just don't take too many crazy risks where you end up losing it all.

1 billion = Life of luxury. you're done with the rat race at this point and all you have to do is hire the right accountants, financial advisors, and lawyers to manage your wealth and investments while you do whatever you want for the rest of your days.

I'd gamble the 100k vs the billy, but 1 mill a too much to pass on for a guarantee.

I think this is a much better question:

You get offered X dollars guaranteed, or a coin flip (winning the coin flip gets you $1B). How much must X be for you to forego the coin flip?

lib123

All Star
Daps
Way i see it,

Good points. However, depending on your age, responsibilities and cost-of-living, you may not be able to quit your job with $1M. And not everyone is entrepreneurially inclined. $1B liquid is such a massive amount that I just couldn't not agree to the coin flip. I would have to be homeless or nearly homeless to take the $1M.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I wouldn’t even want the responsibility of having a Billy. Give me a cool Milly

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Way i see it,

Hmmm I think you are overestimating things..

At $1MM- you can probably earn between 5% to 7% per annum (without stretching into too much risk), meaning $50k to $70k. That is JUST enough to get by on (food, mortgage, etc.), but I wouldn't call that comfortable. This also means that you would be eating into your compound interest, which is the cheat code to wealth management.

This also assumes that you are investing the entire $1MM, so you wouldn't be able to quit your Job AND start a meaningful venture (at least not w/o external investors).

As someone said earlier, $1MM is not what it used to be.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Hmmm I think you are overestimating things..

At $1MM- you can probably earn between 5% to 7% per annum (without stretching into too much risk), meaning $50k to $70k. That is JUST enough to get by on (food, mortgage, etc.), but I wouldn't call that comfortable. This also means that you would be eating into your compound interest, which is the cheat code to wealth management.

This also assumes that you are investing the entire $1MM, so you wouldn't be able to quit your Job AND start a meaningful venture (at least not w/o external investors).

As someone said earlier, $1MM is not what it used to be.
ya'll are interpreting this more like my third point than my second point.
I said life changing, not living in luxury for the rest of your life.
If you can't find a way to change your current situation with 1m. You either must be really rich, or really bad financially.
Thats enough money to follow whatever dream you might have. whether you are successful with it is up to you, but you not gonna sitting in a dead end job dreaming about starting that restaurant with 1 million liquid.