$1 Million Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1 Billion?

$1M Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1B?

• $1M Guaranteed

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • $1B Coin Flip

Votes: 87 33.3%

• Total voters

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
If you're good already then the flip if you're struggling that mill boosting you to freedom (pay off debts, get a house or 2 etc)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This math doesn’t make sense. You won’t be anywhere close to a million cash after a decade of 100k.

Assuming the person saves nothing for retirement and lives in a state w/ no income tax, that take home is about 6k/ month or 72k/ year.

72k is a decent chunk of post-tax money. If the person has an absurd 50% savings rate, they’ll have 360k at year 10. Which is a good amount of money, but about 64% less than 1 million dollars.

Edit: you can invest it, but still probably won’t get close to the million in a decade under most reasonable assumptions.

Or to put this differently. The million is the instant equivalent to 30 years of a 100k salary and a 50% savings rate.

So even if a guy is a six figure earner, that million is probably gonna let them stop working in 5-10 years. I say all this because you don’t have to be down bad financially to prefer the guarantee of an early retirement and less stress than a 50/50 shot at more money.

Your math is highly mistaken. Lets do this two seperate ways. If you live in a van for 10 years with no investments. You should be seeing a little over 600K by year 10.#TheDedication:respect:

Or If you spent 100K on a house by year 2. You should still be seeing somewhere around 650K by year 10. Plus lets hope the value of the house has risen. But if you sell it only for 100K,thats still 750K by year 10.

lib123

All Star
Daps
This math doesn’t make sense. You won’t be anywhere close to a million cash after a decade of 100k.

Assuming the person saves nothing for retirement and lives in a state w/ no income tax, that take home is about 6k/ month or 72k/ year.

72k is a decent chunk of post-tax money. If the person has an absurd 50% savings rate, they’ll have 360k at year 10. Which is a good amount of money, but about 64% less than 1 million dollars.

Edit: you can invest it, but still probably won’t get close to the million in a decade under most reasonable assumptions.

Or to put this differently. The million is the instant equivalent to 30 years of a 100k salary and a 50% savings rate.

So even if a guy is a six figure earner, that million is probably gonna let them stop working in 5-10 years. I say all this because you don’t have to be down bad financially to prefer the guarantee of an early retirement and less stress than a 50/50 shot at more money.

That's assuming they live well below their means and/or don't have children. Many people vastly underestimate lifestyle inflation and how much children cost.

lib123

All Star
Daps
If you're good already then the flip if you're struggling that mill boosting you to freedom (pay off debts, get a house or 2 etc)
I would have to be homeless or lack the financial resources (or insurance) for a life-saving surgery to pick the guarantee over the coin flip.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i'd be bored with a billion dollars with nothing to show for it,

with a million i could keep the hustle going my way to a billion, opening businesses, investments, real estate etc

with a billion i'd probably be the laziest rich man ever, and probably eventually unhappy in the process

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
i'd be bored with a billion dollars with nothing to show for it,

with a million i could keep the hustle going my way to a billion, opening businesses, investments, real estate etc

with a billion i'd probably be the laziest rich man ever, and probably eventually unhappy in the process
It's only boring if you don't know how to enjoy it. Do some exquisite shyt every now and then, but for the most part just be doing higher levels of regular shyt.

Once the foundation is set and gears turning, I'd prolly just cop all the best games to play and do streams and podcasts in my free home time if i had a billion

DA_LURKA

#SovereignOfSolitude
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...

Given your current circumstances, which are you choosing?

:jbhmm:

Edit: If you voted to flip a coin, use simulator below and share your result. I won a billion! Lol

I flipped... I won...

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
P

Edit: If you voted to flip a coin, use simulator below and share your result. I won a billion! Lol

Flipped and won a bill I.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ehh: The simulator actually isn't doing a good job of being random. According to statistics, the differences in percentages are too big to just be due to randomness with that many flips of the coin.

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Your math is highly mistaken. Lets do this two seperate ways. If you live in a van for 10 years with no investments. You should be seeing a little over 600K by year 10.#TheDedication:respect:

Or If you spent 100K on a house by year 2. You should still be seeing somewhere around 650K by year 10. Plus lets hope the value of the house has risen. But if you sell it only for 100K,thats still 750K by year 10.

Who TF is making 100K annually and living in a van for 10 years? :what:

Delusional ass nikkas on this site :snoop:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who TF is making 100K annually and living in a van for 10 years? :what:

Delusional ass nikkas on this site :snoop:

Nobody,and thats the damn problem:martin:

One minute yall talk like yall ready to take up arms against the U.S military#TakeWhatTheyOwe. But dont suggest van life to you nikkas:mjlol: