Zootopia

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Zootopia was a great movie touched on a racism, stereotypes and political corruption while being entertaining. The police press interview scene was handled was handled so well that was the main thing that stuck with me since I've seen it. I'd also like to add making John Lasseter the head of Walt Disney Animation division was such a great decision he applied his philosophies he used from his career and his time at Pixar.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Zootopia was great movie touched on a racism, stereotypes and political corruption while being entertaining. The police press interview scene was handled was handled so well that was the main thing that stuck with me since I've seen it. I'd also like to add making John Lasseter the head of Walt Disney Animation division was such a great decision he applied his philosophies he used from his career and his time at Pixar.

I didn't know John Lasseter was in charge but yeah that explains Zootopia being willing to deal with Adult themes. That's been a hallmark of Pixar since Toy Story 1 dealt with the issue of jealousy.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I didn't know John Lasseter was in charge but yeah that explains Zootopia being willing to deal with Adult themes. That's been a hallmark of Pixar since Toy Story 1 dealt with the issue of jealousy.
He's been in charge since Bolt back in 2008 I think.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw it over the weekend, absolutely loved it. Leaving out of it I had some of the sentiments, that the movie showed a representation of xenophobia and racism, glad to see that others saw the underlying messages as well. Best film I've seen so far this year (Even though I've only watched two :mjpls:)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I have no idea if this is on anyone's radar because it's a Disney movie that doesn't have Pixar attached to it but this shyt needs to be on everyone's radar, especially in an election year. It's a movie all about people in power using xenophobia to stay in power and using fear as a change agent.

It's beautifully done, looks gorgeous, well directed, and the voice acting is so on point. Ginnifer Goodwin and Jason Bateman are incredible together and do great work, but especially Goodwin. Idris is funny too and it's just a perfect movie. It's one of the smartest movies I've ever seen, animated or otherwise
just heard about it and read theroot article about it

definitely gonna watch

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
we should get a star wars like bucky o hare straight action adventure movie going, did the train scene remind anyone else of speed?

2801629-bucky_o_hare_gn___page_1.jpg

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
It had one scene I hated tho.
When they are going to show the chief the savage Jaguar I knew it wouldn't be there and nobody would believe them. I hate scenes like that.
Idris wasn't great but he wasn't bad, he was ok.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I have no idea if this is on anyone's radar because it's a Disney movie that doesn't have Pixar attached to it but this shyt needs to be on everyone's radar, especially in an election year. It's a movie all about people in power using xenophobia to stay in power and using fear as a change agent.

It's beautifully done, looks gorgeous, well directed, and the voice acting is so on point. Ginnifer Goodwin and Jason Bateman are incredible together and do great work, but especially Goodwin. Idris is funny too and it's just a perfect movie. It's one of the smartest movies I've ever seen, animated or otherwise

Wow, really? I had no idea it was deep like that. Gonna try to check out tonight on the strength of your review