Zootopia

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was a phenomenal film. I didn't expect much going in but once it started I knew this film was something special. Immediately when they introduced Nick's character and his backstory and the stuff about foxes, I was like nick represents black ppl. The underlying messages definitely made me feel as the writing team were strongly influenced by minorities or consisted of minorities. The jokes were great overall, appealing to all ages. Definitely one of my favorite children's movie and more importantly a movie that needs to be shown to all these ppl voting for trump. A mirror needs to be held up to American society and this is a good example.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought it was a phenomenal film. I didn't expect much going in but once it started I knew this film was something special. Immediately when they introduced Nick's character and his backstory and the stuff about foxes, I was like nick represents black ppl. The underlying messages definitely made me feel as the writing team were strongly influenced by minorities or consisted of minorities. The jokes were great overall, appealing to all ages. Definitely one of my favorite children's movie and more importantly a movie that needs to be shown to all these ppl voting for trump. A mirror needs to be held up to American society and this is a good example.

Nick would be that and all the predators would represent monitories in general. Especially when that reporter asked should they consider banning predators from the city until they can figure out what's going on

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nick would be that and all the predators would represent monitories in general. Especially when that reporter asked should they consider banning predators from the city until they can figure out what's going on

Nick embraced the stereotype of what society presumed what foxes were.... just like most black people embracing their own negative stereotypes. The bully fox during Jody's childhood was more profound when he admitted having self-hate and was angry towards society.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nick embraced the stereotype of what society presumed what foxes were.... just like most black people embracing their own negative stereotypes. The bully fox during Jody's childhood was more profound when he admitted having self-hate and was angry towards society.

Yeah definitely but i also see it as minorities in general, whether they be black, hispanic, asian, or even religious minorities (in america anyway). That whole "ban them from the city..." is exactly what Trump has said about Muslims

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah definitely but i also see it as minorities in general, whether they be black, hispanic, asian, or even religious minorities (in america anyway). That whole "ban them from the city..." is exactly what Trump has said about Muslims

yea.. it's about all minorities and gender. Jody represents feminism.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yea.. it's about all minorities and gender. Jody represents feminism.

I'd say feminism but also just the optimistic person who feels like they can do whatever and an overachiever. Feminism in that she was a strong female character but even she had that line about only bunnies can call other bunnies cute much like we say only we can use certain words towards each other. Lol I feel like both of those main characters represent aspects of me

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say feminism but also just the optimistic person who feels like they can do whatever and an overachiever. Feminism in that she was a strong female character but even she had that line about only bunnies can call other bunnies cute much like we say only we can use certain words towards each other. Lol I feel like both of those main characters represent aspects of me

That and her being subjected to enter a masculine work environment and discriminated to just doing parking ticketing. Being the 1st of her kind into the force is similar to a lot of women trying to enter the male-dominated work force. It also gets reinforced by the co-mayor sheep. (which you shouldn't touch her wool)...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That and her being subjected to enter a masculine work environment and discriminated to just doing parking ticketing. Being the 1st of her kind into the force is similar to a lot of women trying to enter the male-dominated work force. It also gets reinforced by the co-mayor sheep. (which you shouldn't touch her wool)...

That whole not touching the wool thing reminded me of not touching a black woman's hair :russ:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Fukk that RT score (even though it's legit lol) see the movie breh. Disney made a movie about xenophobia, racism, stereotyping, profiling, that just so happens to be animated and really sweet and funny
That movie was by far one of the greatest Disney movies of all time. Didn't even feel like a "family" movie. It legit felt like a movie garnered for adults.

That studio has been putting out Classic movies for DECADES. And they haven't fell off since. :mindblown: