Zootopia

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So it's like a modern Disney variant on Animal Farm?:ehh:

Nah... not at all. Animal Farm was an analogy to the Russian Revolution and the birth of the Soviet Union. Zootopia is an analogy of the racist AmeriKKKan society as it is today. Basically, the movie is stating that America is not the land of the free, and all men aren't created equal like advertised....but a nation festered with racism, bigotry, xenophobia, discrimination, white supremacy (yes, they even implied that too), sexism, and prejudice. They even touched upon
how certain chemicals are purposely targeted at a specific group of people in order to change their behavior.
shyt got real fuccked up when
Judy Hopps exposed herself as having racist bigoted views thinking all black people, I mean, carnivores are savages by nature and incapable to fully evolve.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Nah... not at all. Animal Farm was an analogy to the Russian Revolution and the birth of the Soviet Union. Zootopia is an analogy of the racist AmeriKKKan society as it is today. Basically, the movie is stating that America is not the land of the free, and all men aren't created equal like advertised....but a nation festered with racism, bigotry, xenophobia, discrimination, white supremacy (yes, they even implied that too), sexism, and prejudice. They even touched upon
how certain chemicals are purposely targeted at a specific group of people in order to change their behavior.
shyt got real fuccked up when
Judy Hopps exposed herself as having racist bigoted views thinking all black people, I mean, carnivores are savages by nature and incapable to fully evolve.

I was talking about an animal society as an allegory for our current societal climate, so in that sense it is Animal Farm.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Saw it last night and loved it. This movie just asserts my claim that Disney Animation > Pixar. Every Pixar movie, after Toy Story 3, has been mediocre (with the loan exception being Inside Out) while Disney Animation has given us Tangled, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and now, Zootopia.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Saw it last night and loved it. This movie just asserts my claim that Disney Animation > Pixar. Every Pixar movie, after Toy Story 3, has been mediocre (with the loan exception being Inside Out) while Disney Animation has given us Tangled, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and now, Zootopia.

I feel like they're in their 3rd golden age right now

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just got back from it, if this is one of the smartest movies you've ever seen @MartyMcFly, see more movies. I mean it's a good movie, and the message is important of course, but it's really just the typical "don't judge a book by its cover" story that plays a bit with the current political climate. So let's not get too overboard here with the hype.

Mah best friend was one of da matte painters on dis project.

Lol Breh said da production was an absolute cluster fukk. Used vent and tell me bout da shyt err otha week when he was workin on it. :pachaha:

No surprises there since Disney Animation has been like that for years. Frozen and Wreck-It-Ralph also went through total clusterfukk productions but for whatever reason they're on top of it enough to turn it into good movies. I did almost laugh out loud though when I saw there were seven people credited for the story.:russ:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
giphy.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just got back from it, if this is one of the smartest movies you've ever seen @MartyMcFly, see more movies. I mean it's a good movie, and the message is important of course, but it's really just the typical "don't judge a book by its cover" story that plays a bit with the current political climate. So let's not get too overboard here with the hype.

No surprises there since Disney Animation has been like that for years. Frozen and Wreck-It-Ralph also went through total clusterfukk productions but for whatever reason they're on top of it enough to turn it into good movies. I did almost laugh out loud though when I saw there were seven people credited for the story.:russ:

okay breh

Last edited: