Zootopia

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When was the breaking bad scene? Never watched that show. Loved the godfather scene though.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I really enjoyed this movie and I think it's efforts to tackle the issue of racism were admirable. I do race work all day so pardon my critical lens but I couldn't take it off for a film that revoloves around it.

It got a lot of things right and I hope kids learn from those flashes of insight, however many times it didn't quite get it right. Kinda like Crash, there's this premise that all prejudice is equal and while there are hints of systematic and institutional racism, it focuses on the individual. The message is that everyone hurts equally when we judge, and maybe that's true but to ignore how some are privileged automatically after years of legalized oppression is disingenuous.

Aside from that, there were some truly hilarious scenes. I haven't laughed as hard as I did at the sloth DMV scene in a long time. Everyone in my group was in literal tears. I loved the fox character a lot, but the bunny character kinda reminded me of a liberal white woman blind to her own racism, white tears and all, and I'm not sure she really ever evolved really so that character annoyed me. But overall the movie was a lot of fun.

So 8 out 10 for me

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My niece turned to me during one part and said "You know that's like racism, right". My niece is 9 years old and can recognize racism but some adults are still clueless. I was happy the white feminist was exposed as being racist as anybody else. I don't like it more then "Inside Out" but it's definitely a bold movie. Didn't laugh that much. That was my main issue. The sloth part was still the funniest.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I watched this... at the theater. For those who know, I usually wait until a movie comes out on DVD because I'm a cheapo.
Anyway, this movie was great. A couple LOL funny scenes.
The sloths at the DMV. Hilarious.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Walter & Jesse

Saw this yesterday. Amazing movie. So well done.

Curious to see what @HHR thinks of it.

Really liked it, didn't love it. The message was a little too obvious/heavy handed and it honestly wasn't as funny as I was expecting. Given how many different movies its trying to be/ape, it's a miracle it's as entertaining as it is lol.