Zoe Kravitz: " I've recently begun to identify more with my blackness"

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
True, but she's got two black parents and black family, and Zoe only ever equated black culture to madea and hip hop? Seems suspect
Both her parents are mixed race and Lisa primarily grew up with her white mother. Lenny was close to his black mother though. But Zoe has a very close relationship and ties to her white side and grew up around them mostly as evidenced by all the white Jewish boyfriends she's had. She grew up in an odd existence in front of the camera. She was not only well off, but famous since birth. As much as Lisa was seen as conscious, she really doesn't give a shyt and believes in an equal society. And that makes sense because you can't expect a biracial person to fully commit themselves to the black struggle and pro blackness.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Kills me fake successful black folks think surrounding your kids around whites = better life. Maybe its because aint no blacks in LA anymore but in places like Atl wealthy blacks surround their kids with other wealthy black kids so at least they know what it is to be black. Folks think growing up in the hood/poverty = black, thats why whites,asians,hispanics of non african descent think they get a pass to say the N word because they grew up in poverty next to blacks.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I don't understand why people would be mad at her for trying to be conscious and aware of her blackness? :dahell: wrong with y'all?

So either you're born and raised conscious by 100% black parents or you just don't count? :dahell:

I grew up loving that woman but distanced myself from checking for her when I saw she saw herself as a cac and only checked for cac men. Now I see she's embracing her black side more and rocking braids and shyt I'm vibing to her more again. Baddest mixed chick in the game IMO.

Good for her. The more people awake and unashamed the better. Gotta get the self hate and lack of knowledge outta the community. Let's not become so bitter with white supremacy that we get upset at black people for acknowledging they are indoctrinated by it and are actually trying to wake up.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So?

Mulattos have no obligation to hang around Blacks. They should, however, be aware of their heritage but I encourage all mulattos to breed with Whites and give their kids/descendants a real chance at succeeding in this white mans world

I can understand why Mulattos ignore their Black side

It's natural to want to lean towards the winning team if given the option

Time to get you banned again for real this time.

:dead:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kills me fake successful black folks think surrounding your kids around whites = better life. Maybe its because aint no blacks in LA anymore but in places like Atl wealthy blacks surround their kids with other wealthy black kids so at least they know what it is to be black. Folks think growing up in the hood/poverty = black, thats why whites,asians,hispanics of non african descent think they get a pass to say the N word because they grew up in poverty next to blacks.

yeah, man. if your starting point is a predominately black area in LA. the further you drive out in any direction, the whiter all the "black" folks get.

Spin

All Star
Daps

We really are a nation of followers and that goes for the majority of people in the United States. The day blacks stop caring about trying to fit in and just get their money up will be beneficial for the whole community. All these protests over flags and other crap aren't going to make anyone change their mind about race. The day a person stops caring about what others think of them in general the more power they have.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
I love Zoe but its obvious that her maternal Jamaican granddad and paternal Bahamian grandmother failed her. I recall her drinking (possibly underage) an Olde English 40 oz with her rockstar dad. If that isnt nikka shyt I dont know what else is.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Ain't nothing genuine about her. All Hollywood gotta do is call and she'll mosey on down back. Ima laugh at all of mf's applauding. Black people offer sanctuary to everybody. fukk that
MJcamby.gif