Zoe Kravitz: " I've recently begun to identify more with my blackness"

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
speaking of zoe kravitz, her dad is one of them dudes that NEVER ages. just like nas.

lenny-lisa-16mar15-01.jpg

that does NOT look like a 50 year old dude. btw, what he doing with lisa bonet??? he probably still smashing that just cuz he can.

Lisa Bonet smashes some cute dudes to look like a homeless person. Pause. Shes kinda like Erykah Badu effect with changing dudes with her box.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
she grew up in hollyweird and her dads father is a Jew I think

She prolly went to all white schools etc....so this is no surprise....

Glad she is now being aware

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both her parents are mixed race and Lisa primarily grew up with her white mother. Lenny was close to his black mother though. But Zoe has a very close relationship and ties to her white side and grew up around them mostly as evidenced by all the white Jewish boyfriends she's had. She grew up in an odd existence in front of the camera. She was not only well off, but famous since birth. As much as Lisa was seen as conscious, she really doesn't give a shyt and believes in an equal society. And that makes sense because you can't expect a biracial person to fully commit themselves to the black struggle and pro blackness.

I don't see how Lisa growing up with a white mother matters. Most black mothers of mixed children are c00ns that don't readily identify with blacks as evidenced by their choice to have mixed children in the first place, so their children are mostly c00ns too. That "fake conscious"
girl from the Hunger Games, for example, has a cac boyfriend and only seems to hang out with cacs. Her behaviour is the same as Zoe's.

Daps
I don't understand why people would be mad at her for trying to be conscious and aware of her blackness? :dahell: wrong with y'all?

So either you're born and raised conscious by 100% black parents or you just don't count? :dahell:

I grew up loving that woman but distanced myself from checking for her when I saw she saw herself as a cac and only checked for cac men. Now I see she's embracing her black side more and rocking braids and shyt I'm vibing to her more again. Baddest mixed chick in the game IMO.

Good for her. The more people awake and unashamed the better. Gotta get the self hate and lack of knowledge outta the community. Let's not become so bitter with white supremacy that we get upset at black people for acknowledging they are indoctrinated by it and are actually trying to wake up.

this is how it has to be...she identified with whites...she believed herself to be white...she shouldn't expect the black group to accept her because she is attempting to connect with her black side(by listening to music and watching movies which the usual way white people try to connect with black culture and that is with little or no real interaction with black people...zoe is going to try to relate to black folks in the easiest most shallow way possible just like all the other outsiders/non black people...blackness isnt all good times...it is heavy and hard to carry too... i can see someone like zoe saying fukk it..this black shyt is too much for me to deal with imma stick with being white(not biracial)...she has the right to explore her black self but black people shouldnt have to go along for the ride...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The key statement was when she said..

"I identified with white culture and I WANTED TO FIT IN".....

I guess that N1GGER WAKE UP CALL came in HIGH DEFINITION :russ:

Along with the fact that White Hollywood would never take her seriously as she would be regulated to just STEROTYPICAL ROLES or the lone TOKEN I.e STACEY DASH

WELCOME BACK HOME

You will always have home on the "DARKSIDE"

:lolbron:

......WE ALWAYS WILL ACCEPT AND LOVE YOU when YOUR "WHITE FRIENDS" show thier True Colors
sad but true