Zoe Kravitz: " I've recently begun to identify more with my blackness"

Barnett115

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@Emperor_ReinScarf or whoever....get this cac troll outta my thread.....

2zsqikg.png
Not a CAC troll, just a realist. I get why mixed race people ignore their black side. I have cousins who do it

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
“I identified with white culture, and I wanted to fit in," she told Nylon. "I didn’t identify with black culture, like, I didn’t like Tyler Perry movies, and I wasn’t into hip-hop music."

“Unfortunately that is what’s fed through the media. That’s what people see. That’s what I saw," Kravitz added. The actress says she has since gained more perspective on being black, and realizes that black culture is "so much deeper than that."
It's a shame you could have a black father and think this is black culture.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
speaking of zoe kravitz, her dad is one of them dudes that NEVER ages. just like nas.

lenny-lisa-16mar15-01.jpg

that does NOT look like a 50 year old dude. btw, what he doing with lisa bonet??? he probably still smashing that just cuz he can.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
I read the interview, she admits she was uneducated about her black heritage and culture, and what it means - hence the Tyler Perry comment. I find that some bi-racial people tend to cling to their blackness more strongly than even "fully" black people. My mother is quite mixed and she hates white people :russ: - she fully identifies as black predominantly. So I understand it. Kudos to her I say.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i was the same i already ade a thread about it
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/grow...ulation-is-damaging-to-your-blackness.312988/

if you never grew up in a all cac environment you dont know how it is
Your parents should be educating you about your blackness tho...my family always had a shyt ton of black books and educational shows on, I didn't get that shyt from school. Parents also need to recognize the importance of putting their kid in some sort of activity with other black kids, i really dont have sympathy for c00n ass black parents who are just fine and dandy with giving their black kid a lilly white life.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:@ waking up and deciding to listen to hip hop and give black culture a whirl. It's something you either embrace and feel in your soul or you dont. No need to fake the funk if you ain't feelin it.
You'll be surprise, the Black and Mixed folks who were raised exclusively in non Black environments, and whose parents didn't offer them much.

They literally just know nothing about the real Black world till they finally get around Black folk.

She's probably starting to develop relationships with us for the first time in her life.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Growing up in Canada in the 80s early nineties was total :mjpls:

Your parents should be educating you about your blackness tho...my family always had a shyt ton of black books and educational shows on, I didn't get that shyt from school. Parents also need to recognize the importance of putting their kid in some sort of activity with other black kids, i really dont have sympathy for c00n ass black parents who are just fine and dandy with giving their black kid a lilly white life.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh