Zoe Kravitz: " I've recently begun to identify more with my blackness"

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
:mjlol:

55a0121014000001079a7a59.jpeg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zoë-kravitz-on-black-identity-and-the-role-she-was-too-urban-to-play_55a00cd0e4b05b1d029049d9?utm_hp_ref=black-voices

On her identity as the biracial daughter of stars Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz, the actress said she has only recently begun to identify more with her blackness. Growing up, she said attending a predominantly white school made her feel as though she was "just as white" as her classmates.

“I identified with white culture, and I wanted to fit in," she told Nylon. "I didn’t identify with black culture, like, I didn’t like Tyler Perry movies, and I wasn’t into hip-hop music."

“Unfortunately that is what’s fed through the media. That’s what people see. That’s what I saw," Kravitz added. The actress says she has since gained more perspective on being black, and realizes that black culture is "so much deeper than that."

For Kravitz, introductions to important black actors and musicians helped change her perspective on black identity. "I got older and listened to A Tribe Called Quest and watched films with Sidney Poitier, and heard Billie Holiday and Nina Simone. I had to un-brainwash myself. It’s my mission, especially as an actress.”
How can she be biracial if both of her parents are half black...shouldnt she be considered quadracial :lupe:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
she's mixed and is both black and white
she should identify as mixed identifying with white or black is confusing yourself more

I take your dad was a white Puerto Rican?

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Another L for bedwenches. @Elle Driver @Tae

No wonder Kravitz couldn't imbue any sense of blackness in his daughter. His mother herself is a bedwench with no sense of blackness to share.

is the cat that just lost another multi-million dollar lawsuit also a male bedwench?
the term is overused and people find love and relationships where they may

mebpuqwxltah0em8vidm.jpg

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is the cat that just lost another multi-million dollar lawsuit also a male bedwench?
the term is overused and people find love and relationships where they may

mebpuqwxltah0em8vidm.jpg

Men can't be bedwenches and losing a million dollar lawsuit has nothing to do with bedwenching so the answer is no. The term isn't "overused" because some troll thinks it is.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
she's mixed and is both black and white
she should identify as mixed identifying with white or black is confusing yourself more

:francis:

Unfortunately AMERIKKKA doesn't let one CHOOSE to BLEND or MIX the two polar opposite RACES which is BLACK n WHITE..

Simply because the CAUCASIAN PURITY scale is still in effect!!!

That one DROP RULE IS ALWAYS ENFORCED cause of the FEAR of the Black Dominant Gene

I knew a white classmate of mine who for the life of me I couldn't understand why the other white kids would pick on him so much.....alienate him and Shyt.

He was a great athlete...smart...pretty cool kid...

Until it dawned me...

It's his HAIR...his gottdamn HAIR!!
:damn:

They called him POODLEHEAD.....cause when his hair grew out it got real kinky like a Jew Fro!!

So you see AMERIKKKAN SOCIETY chooses who you can identify with and it's just another sad reminder how DEMONIC this country is..

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
this is how it has to be...she identified with whites...she believed herself to be white...she shouldn't expect the black group to accept her because she is attempting to connect with her black side(by listening to music and watching movies which the usual way white people try to connect with black culture and that is with little or no real interaction with black people...zoe is going to try to relate to black folks in the easiest most shallow way possible just like all the other outsiders/non black people...blackness isnt all good times...it is heavy and hard to carry too... i can see someone like zoe saying fukk it..this black shyt is too much for me to deal with imma stick with being white(not biracial)...she has the right to explore her black self but black people shouldnt have to go along for the ride...

:dahell:

Whatever breh

The way some of y'all look at this type of stuff it's like damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
There's no :mjpls:. Men are called c00ns not bedwenches. You don't know what "bedwench" means and you'll probably non-black so :camby:

anyone being used for their wealth, power, or influence can either be a c00n/bedwench or both.

and get ur weight up son ...

speaking of being non-black, there's a 24 page thread on mother Africa in the root and i don't recall seeing any of your posts. are u another one of undercover c*cs stunting on the coli?

The Africa the Media doesn't tell you about
Discussion in 'The Root' started by BlackCanvas, May 4, 2014.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-africa-the-media-doesnt-tell-you-about.211483/

Last edited:
Daps
:dahell:

Whatever breh

The way some of y'all look at this type of stuff it's like damned if you do and damned if you don't.

nah i really dont care...im just killing time at work...she think she white so i will treat zoe like any other white girl:yeshrug: (even though neither one of her parents are white)...but i really dont care about her identity issues...

CHILLL

All Star
Daps
:francis:

Unfortunately AMERIKKKA doesn't let one CHOOSE to BLEND or MIX the two polar opposite RACES which is BLACK n WHITE..

Simply because the CAUCASIAN PURITY scale is still in effect!!!

That one DROP RULE IS ALWAYS ENFORCED cause of the FEAR of the Black Dominant Gene

I knew a white classmate of mine who for the life of me I couldn't understand why the other white kids would pick on him so much.....alienate him and Shyt.

He was a great athlete...smart...pretty cool kid...

Until it dawned me...

It's his HAIR...his gottdamn HAIR!!
:damn:

They called him POODLEHEAD.....cause when his hair grew out it got real kinky like a Jew Fro!!

So you see AMERIKKKAN SOCIETY chooses who you can identify with and it's just another sad reminder how DEMONIC this country is..
american society used to call latinos blacks and latinos said fukk america we are latino
any "brown" person yall gotta stop living in fear of what "massa" would think
this zoe is going from one extreme to the next